Bogner, Cornford or CAE

keith2112

• Members

I'm narrowing down my next amp search. It is between the Shiva probably 6l6, the Cornford MK50 single chanel or the CAE OD100 SE + or maybe CAE OD100 Standard +. All three are amazing amps I'm sure. The Shiva would be about six to eight hundred cheaper than the other two. Help me out here.

• Members

what are you going to try to play on those fine, fine amplifiers?

+1

BTW.....if you are gonna go for any of the CAE stuff, go all out and get the SE+. I've heard nothing but bad things about the standard model and plus if you're gonna spend that kind of money on an amp then you might as well go for the gusto.

• Members

Here's what its going to boil down to:

No one has here has really played or has any input from what I've seen on the Cornford.

The Shiva an CAE are great amps.

It just depends on if you want the CAE's versatility or you can do without it.

If you can do without it, you can save coin and get the Shiva.

Not saying the CAE's better than the Shiva, but in terms of versatility, the CAE has got it.

• Members

For some reason I'm wanting to try the 6l6 shiva. The el34 is too compressed for me. The guitar player Rafael from Rock Star INXS and Super Nova house band used Bogner, but I'm not sure which ones. He sounded good with a variety of guitars. The Cornford seems to allow each guitar's chatacter to shine through. How is the OD100 on that issue. Is a Strat a strat, tele a tele etc. I want an amp that really lets each guitar sound as it should. The Bogners really put the Bogner stamp on it.

Archived