help me find a new amp

marrstians

• Members

I want to find a new amp... I want something low wattage... I have a vox ac30, & that's too loud sometimes... so I want something a little quieter... possibly something without the same tube combonation... my budget's about $900 & i'd most rather have a combo amp... let me know your suggestions

• Members

I have a Krank Rev JR for sale. well, sale pending. Haven't heard from buyer in a few days. It's a 25 watt head, but has an active FX loop for more volume. If you just want the head, i can let it go for $500 shipped. $675 shipped for one 1x12 cab.

KrankRevJr.jpg

• Members

I have a Krank Rev JR for sale. well, sale pending. Haven't heard from buyer in a few days. It's a 25 watt head, but has an active FX loop for more volume. If you just want the head, i can let it go for $500 shipped. $675 shipped for one 1x12 cab.

That seems totally reasonable. Buy it.

Or, conversely, save an extra $500 and buy my Powerball. :thu:

• Members

I want to find a new amp... I want something low wattage... I have a vox ac30, & that's too loud sometimes... so I want something a little quieter... possibly something without the same tube combonation... my budget's about $900 & i'd most rather have a combo amp... let me know your suggestions

Loud is good:confused:

• Members

I don't know anything about krank amps... tell me more about it... i'd really prefer a combo... I had a champ clone a while ago, & I never really liked the sound of it unless it was cranked up... which is too loud for my needs... living in an apartment sucks sometimes...

• Members

Try to find a used Dr. Z Maz18?

I think the problem with your budget (reasonably high) and your requirements (pretty quiet) is that there aren't a ton of low powered combo amps that would warrant a $900 budget. I think the Dr. Z does, though. Certainly try to play one...

• Members

find a used epi valve jr. if you don't like it, mod it or sell it. they're too cheap not to try. i bought both of mine off of craigslist for like $80.

i also think old champs, vibro champs, and princetons are cool as hell.

ac15 is great, but same tubes as the ac30.

• Members

I don't know anything about krank amps... tell me more about it... i'd really prefer a combo... I had a champ clone a while ago, & I never really liked the sound of it unless it was cranked up... which is too loud for my needs... living in an apartment sucks sometimes...

well, its two channels. kleen and krank. only the Krank channel uses the eq so if you are just looking for something high gain then it's great, but, you can also dial back the gain for some passable clean tones. With the active FX loop off, it isn't very loud. with it on, i bet you could gig with it.

There are several clips on youtube of it.

Archived