Metallica Tucson: Hetfield gear pix and misc

4nkam

• Members

Looks like Kirk has a new guitar from ESP...

So, James is still using the VH4 for his main sound huh? I was hoping he would bring out the old IIc+ for the tours, even a Mark IV. Oh, well... Good job with the pics by the way!!!

• Members

Yeah that new dracula is sweet. This is the first time he's really used it live I think. He used it a few times during the show.

Yeah James is still using the VH4 and Triaxis. Same rig except he's using the Mesa 290 instead of the Strategy 400.

• Members

Nice to see James switched to the 290!:evil:

I can't see the custom EQ. I want to make one for myself.

EDIT: Alright I found it now. so he isn't running the preamp powered up for sound? He's just running it through the Graphic EQ? Interesting. Must...buy...more...{censored}...

• Members

This comes from the preamp manual:

USING THE PREAMP AS AN "EFFECT BOX": Another excellent use for the Recording Outputs is for connecting the Preamp to the input of a normal guitar amplifier such as a Fender, Marshall, etc. The Preamp then becomes a super "effect box", adding Tone, Gain, Footswitching, Distortion, EQ, Reverb, and en Effects Loop to the normal capabilities of your amplifier! The Recording Outs can be connected straight into the front panel input of the amp (there

• Members

That's something different though. James is only using 2 separate custom made graphic EQs, one for each C+ triaxis. They probably used it because it was the most obvious unit to use in order to built it for him. Mesa built it back in the early 90s for him, when he switched to the triaxis setup.

• Members

How did the Flobots fare at that show? They're a local band we've played with a few times and I can't for the life of me see how'd they fit on a Metallica bill...

They were alright. Some fans really liked them, others hated them. I thought they were boring live, but their music is pretty cool recorded.

• Members

They were alright. Some fans really liked them, others hated them. I thought they were boring live, but their music is pretty cool recorded.

That's cool. I mean, their rise to "fame" or whatever has been extraordinary. They went from playing opening slots to 20 people to selling out theatres and becoming a national radio sensation. Out of all the Colorado bands that have been signed to giant deals in the last year, Flobots (and maybe Devotchka) have to be the most remarkable...

Still, opening for Metallica?

:)

• Members

That's cool. I mean, their rise to "fame" or whatever has been extraordinary. They went from playing opening slots to 20 people to selling out theatres and becoming a national radio sensation. Out of all the Colorado bands that have been signed to giant deals in the last year, Flobots (and maybe Devotchka) have to be the most remarkable...

Still, opening for Metallica?

:)

Gotta love the good ole radio promo a label does ;P

• 5 months later...

Archived