-- Cheaper on eBay

-- Doesn't color tone apparently

-- Less reliability issues

-Disadvantages

-- No amp relays, so..

-- I have to use the Behringer FCB1010 pedal

-- Chrome doesn't look nearly as cool.

-- Wall wart AC adapter

Which should I get? Or are these unfounded claims?

The reason the pedals are listed is because I need amp relay switches. The G Major and the Behringer unit have them. So I need one or the other.

Anyone with experience with both would be a very valuable help to creating this thread. Thank you!

• Members

I think MANY people are going to disagree with you about the G-Major colouring your tone at all, let alone in a bad way. I don't have one myself but most people's view, is that it is quite transparent.

• Members

Neither. Neither unit will get you what you crave. UNLESS you are obsessed with verbs and delays because both have them in spades.

The modulation is laughable, pitch shifting slow as molasses, eq is spongy. I owned both at the same time and I could get sounds out of them but they sounded very uber and cold. I got better effects out of my Yamaha magic stomp.

I sold both of them and bought pedals.

The Gmajor is also a POS and WILL break down on you.

If I had to choose between the 2 the Xpression is the better performer.

• Members

I think MANY people are going to disagree with you about the G-Major colouring your tone at all, let alone in a bad way. I don't have one myself but most people's view, is that it is quite transparent.

There are so many options for input, gain etc etc that it is almost impossible to get a flat sound with it.

• Members

Ive had the G Major and FCB 1010 set up for over three years with no problems at all, no knobs falling off, etc...

What's nice is that with the G Major and the 1010 you have the capability to switch 4 channels plus have a couple expression pedals for whatever you chose. I have to admit, I don't care for the flange or phasers in the G Major so I use stompboxes for them, but I love the delays, the tuner, the switching, and everything else it offers. I will argue also that it really is pretty transparent when it comes to your tone...I mean, come on...we're talking about a $350 processor, sure it's not Eventide so what do you expect?? It's a great bang for the buck IMO.

Read through all of this...http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=975902, that is the best trhead ever!

Good luck!:wave:

• Members

I've had both and they are both great. Never had reliability problems with either one. Found the delays, reverbs, chorus, and really every other effect on each unit to be very good and certainly usable--except maybe the pitch shifting. Certainly not on the level of a higher end lexicon or TC unit, but if you are playing live then they are more than enough.

Definitely worth the money. Having said that I've got my Xpression on eBay only because I'm getting rid of all my rack stuff, and if I ever want another one they are fairly inexpensive. If you really need the relay then I would say to go with the G-major so that you don't have a long cable running from the Behringer controller to your amp--having the relay in the rack just makes things neater.

Archived