Best Combo for Married Men...

BILLYVASIL

• Members

It has been said before and I did search the topic but I still have a few doubts and questions so please help if you can. I'm looking for a 1x12 tube combo that can inspire me, but for home use. That means I need it to sound decent even at lower volumes.

The list is as follows:

1. 1x12 tube combo (I need portability. Bad back!)

2. Good clean channel (whatever that means to you...Fender, Vox, etc)

3. Awesome Lead channel. No pedals needed please, Overdrive for legato licks and sweet singing sustain. Crunch not really Brutal stuff needed.

4. Sound being decent even at Low volume.

I don't care what make it is (Mesa, Diezel, etc) just that it sounds good. Budget can be anywhere up to $3000 or so. I have considered modding or attenuators so please feel free to suggest whatever.

O.K., here we go...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^^I think these are the kind of responses you'll be getting until the good guys wake up from slumberland. BTW, props to you for being married and having a $3000 budget. You should have NO problems finding something that sounds spectacular with that kind of budget. Again, I have nothing useful to add but my keyboard has a mind of it's own.

• Members

It has been said before and I did search the topic but I still have a few doubts and questions so please help if you can. I'm looking for a 1x12 tube combo that can inspire me, but for home use. That means I need it to sound decent even at lower volumes.

The list is as follows:

1. 1x12 tube combo (I need portability. Bad back!)

2. Good clean channel (whatever that means to you...Fender, Vox, etc)

3. Awesome Lead channel. No pedals needed please, Overdrive for legato licks and sweet singing sustain. Crunch not really Brutal stuff needed.

4. Sound being decent even at Low volume.

I don't care what make it is (Mesa, Diezel, etc) just that it sounds good. Budget can be anywhere up to $3000 or so. I have considered modding or attenuators so please feel free to suggest whatever.

O.K., here we go...

To me it sounds like a Peters or Roccaforte head and a nice oversized 1x12 or light weight 2x12 cab might do you right. It'd be much easier to transport than a combo. :thu:

• Members

I have read some good things about Matamp but I would have to order without hearing anyhting. Either that or fly out to England. The question is can they make something with all those options?

Well, they have models at all different levels of wattage, single or dual channel, boost built in on many models, and power scaling, which is supposed to get you cranked power amp tone at low volumes. Plus, the clean and crunch tones I've heard have been for the most part absolutely :love:.

Check out youtube.

• Members

Both videos were cool, but I need a tad more overdrive. What were the amps being used?

Matamp sounds so so to me from the clips I have heard. Either that or I am not into the stuff the guys are playing on youtube. The cleans were OK but the overdrive was blah...

The Marshall is not exactly what I want. It was a bit fizzy when pushed hard. The clean was surprising for a Marshall. They are getting better at that.

• Members

I am married with no {censored} combo (just kidding)

You can either get a 2x12 to help your back.

or try looking at a tiny terror, there releasing a combo soon.

or for me I would go for a cornford harliquin
:love:

oops I just noticed you have a 2x12 my bad.

put big wheels of it and push it around like a pram

• Members

the Cornford harliquin is cool but doesn't have footswitchable sounds. I forgot to mention that. I would like to have two channels. opps...

The H&K isn't bad. Gotta try that out. I still think I will need more gain though.

Archived