Voltage Regulators (For computers, entertainment equipment, electronics)

Angry Grimace

• Members

I have pretty "dirty" voltage in my house. It goes up and down a lot...you can see it in the incandescant bulbs in the house.

Would there be any benefit in sticking my DLP, computer and electronics into a Voltage Regulator...APC makes them for fairly cheap. I don't really need "surge" protection, but I would like to keep the voltage at a "clean" steady level?

Anyone know anything about them? I don't know that they'd be useful in a guitar amp...

• Members

I have pretty "dirty" voltage in my house. It goes up and down a lot...you can see it in the incandescant bulbs in the house.

Would there be any benefit in sticking my DLP, computer and electronics into a Voltage Regulator...APC makes them for fairly cheap. I don't really need "surge" protection, but I would like to keep the voltage at a "clean" steady level?

Anyone know anything about them? I don't know that they'd be useful in a guitar amp...

I have one for my guitar amps. I wondered why some nights at rehearsal my amps sounded great, other nights, dog doo.

We rehearsed in an industrial area near a huge water treatment plant. When it was humming I'd guess maybe 100 volts was coming from the wall and the amps sounded like {censored}.

Got the regulator, and every night after that I had the sound I was expecting.

I NEVER gig without it anymore.

• Members

I have one for my guitar amps. I wondered why some nights at rehearsal my amps sounded great, other nights, dog doo.

We rehearsed in an industrial area near a huge water treatment plant. When it was humming I'd guess maybe 100 volts was coming from the wall and the amps sounded like {censored}.

Got the regulator, and every night after that I had the sound I was expecting.

I NEVER gig without it anymore.

Probably would work on my PS3 then....lol.

What type/brand are we talkiing here.

• Members

We used to play/rehearse at this old school, were ALL amps sounded like {censored}.

but of course, I didn't find out that it was the place, and not amps before I'd gone through 3 amps...man, I remember the first time we gigged, and I used a Mesa Quad (that usually sounded like thin {censored} in the school), and it sounded GODLY when I plugged it it.

it makes all the difference, IMO :o

Archived