midi question regarding channel switching on amp

elliseye

• Members

i've got a h&k triamp mk1 with the msm-1 midi module. well to be honest the amp is great but i really only use two channels and the footswitch is absolutely enormous and i'd like to slim everything down to one footswitch that i can switch between two of the channels with. (1A and 3B specifically) i was curious if there was a way to use some type of midi switch to actually do that. i'm entirely clueless on midi and the wikipedia page just confuses the hell out of me. so if anyone thinks they can help it'd be much obliged.

thanks

• Members

i've got a h&k triamp mk1 with the msm-1 midi module. well to be honest the amp is great but i really only use two channels and the footswitch is absolutely enormous and i'd like to slim everything down to one footswitch that i can switch between two of the channels with. (1A and 3B specifically) i was curious if there was a way to use some type of midi switch to actually do that. i'm entirely clueless on midi and the wikipedia page just confuses the hell out of me. so if anyone thinks they can help it'd be much obliged.

thanks

I'm not familiar with the triamp's specific switching convention, but Axess electronics makes an incredible and tiny midi footswitch.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/sc/MFC5-MIDI-Footcontroller-p-16137.html

• Members

so i can literally go from 1a to 3b with one button? that's really what i want

that would be amazing if it will do that. i was almost considering selling the amp cuz i couldn't really go back and forth too well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

okay bought a tech 21 midi mouse. now even more confused as ever. how the hell do i make one button change between channel 1a and channel 3b. i'm so confused. i can't seem to make the midi learn function do anything on my amp or have no idea how.

someone please help!

• Members

You just press the midi button, change the preset on your footswitch, then press the midi button again.

Seems pretty simple :confused: For example, go to channel 1a, then hit the midi button, then go to preset "1" on the mouse, then hit the MIDI button. Then go to channel 3b, and do the same thing except choose preset "2" on the mouse. Now, the MSM will have "learned" that preset 1 means channel 1a, and preset 2 means channel 3b. At that point, all you need to do is use the midi mouse to change between preset 1 and 2.

• Members

Glad you got it figured out. :) I'd hate to see someone sell an amp they loved because of something like a switching issue. And now, you can get yourself a midi-controlled FX interface and get some effects patches to go along with your channels! :rawk:

Archived