Musicians and instrument builders wanted

• Members

Musicians needed!! Progressive Brands, Inc., a premium wine and spirits company based in Los Angeles is looking for musicians to showcase their talents in a 1-minute commercial/promotional video. We need people who can help us make instruments from our vodka bottles, as well as put together a short composition featuring these original, handcrafted instruments. This will be a great opportunity to use your creativity and get exposure and recognition as this video is used in nationwide marketing efforts. For more info e-mail Lucas DuVal at duval_lucas@hotmail.com or visit .

• Members

Musicians needed!! Progressive Brands, Inc., a premium wine and spirits company based in Los Angeles is looking for musicians to showcase their talents in a 1-minute commercial/promotional video. We need people who can help us make instruments from our vodka bottles, as well as put together a short composition featuring these original, handcrafted instruments. This will be a great opportunity to use your creativity and get exposure and recognition as this video is used in nationwide marketing efforts. For more info e-mail Lucas DuVal at
or visit

Wouldn't it be easier to do a 1 minute song on a Dobro, using one of your Bottles as a Slide?

Just saying.. not sure it would be much more than a novelty to most to see a Vodka Bottle Instrument.. but something about that Slide Guitar, with a Vodka bottle.. might make people want to.. well.. want to DRINK!

• Members

I'm thinking they're going for a "Stomp"-style thing... I've seen a few other advertisements using such stuff lately... so it's clearly in the Mad Ave zeitgeist.

Sounds like a fun project. I mean... making money... it's always fun, right?

And suprisingly necessary from time to time.

;)

THAT said...

It's probably time for one of those sadder-but-wiser warnings:

My moderator antenna went up when I saw this post but it looks pretty straight up on the surface. If it's a real advertising gig -- and no real reason to think it's not except that a lot of agencies usually have "regular channels" for hiring folks -- but those are usually oriented to either looking like musicians or actually being behind the scenes professional players and I suspect these guys are probably trying to get actual, game-for-anything musicians (who also look cool, no doubt) who are willing to pound, slap, tap and blow on vodka bottles...

BUT anytime you get solicited out of "normal channels" it's worth keeping your own antenna up. DO NOT pay money to get a job. Do not pay money to get listed someplace. Do not pay money to get "considered" for something or to have a "special format promo package" put together for some speculative thing where the people taking the money are associated (in any way whatsoever) with the people who will supposedly be doing the hiring. Do not SIGN contracts without knowing every clause in the contract and what it means...

Unfortunately, there is a whole niche industry out there of people who have made it their life's work taking advantage of poor, dumb musicians and songwriters like you and me... They've been doing it forever and they're not going away any time soon. They just disappear for a little while to come up with new scams... but the old scams are often good enough... look how many people fall for the Nigerian scam, for cryin' out loud...

• Members

At least ONE of our respected regulars here in the songwriting forum reported this as SPAM... and, certainly, it's a bit off topic.

Then again, IF it's legit, it's an opportunity for temporary employment -- and what songwriter doesn't occasionally need a few extra bucks between hits. (That is a joke, kids. I know y'all got dayjobs, school, and the like.)

If anyone else thinks I should send this thread off to cyberjail, please PM me. My mind's open...

For now, I'm going to go with my warning above.

Archived