Brahma

Syyle

• Members

Your singing is good enough, not great, but you have a nice range.

Every song was in the same key.

Every song had the same rhythmic feel.

It sounded like it was recorded in a garage.

Still, there were bits I liked. I just didn't hear any real coherent songs in there.

Then again, I'm kinds old and clueless. Maybe that's how it' supposed to be.

• Members

Your singing is good enough, not great, but you have a nice range.

Every song was in the same key.

Every song had the same rhythmic feel.

It sounded like it was recorded in a garage.

Still, there were bits I liked. I just didn't hear any real coherent songs in there.

Then again, I'm kinds old and clueless. Maybe that's how it' supposed to be.

nah all criticism welcomed. thanks for listening!

• Members

"Better Man" - I like the feel... wasn't sure I was going to. But the thin, EQ-filtered vocal actually nicely balances the dark, repetitive guitar. The chorus spikes up interest just as it's getting kind of samey, so that was good. It feels like it fades out in the middle of what would be the song... not that it's not a nice, gradual fade but it felt incomplete, somehow. Perhaps apropos to the subject matter? ;)

"Phantoms 02" -- is this a soccer score? Phantoms, 2, Banshees 1? :D Anyhow, same key and same approach on guitar DOES make a bad segue from "Better Man" -- although the soaring melody does pull things up and I rather liked what there was of it, here, at least on its own terms.

[i guess these are excerpts? Excerpts always annoy me, period. It makes me think someone imagines they're going to sell their tunes and make a lot of money so better not let anyone hear the whole thing. Good luck and let me know if it works for you. It doesn't seem to work for anyone else and, to my thinking, simply annoys potential fans, probably keeping a sizable percentage of them from pursuing your work further. Maybe it's just me -- but I don't think so.]

"My Savior" -- Ah, a nice change on the guitar front. Although I get the sense that it's kind of the same thing only backwards... but, whatever, the change-up is welcome and it serves the feel well, I think. I think the vocals really work... and now it's gone. (See my sidebar on excerpts, above.) Sidenote on the song image at M/S: I've seen it before but it's still a disturbing picture. If this was all I knew about you I might think you were some kind of pensive Satanist or something instead of a mystical seeker... :D

Anyhow, some promising stuff.

Archived