Need help chosing a new amp

Jaredistheman

• Members

So after realizing that i'll never play in a brutal metal band, and all i'll be doing is church, i think i wanna get a new amp cause the vox ad100vt ain't doing it for me!

It has to be tube, and i've got a couple of options in mind:

Vox Ac15

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Carvin Nomad or Bel-air

Maybe a peavey classic 30 or a windsor

I'm in the $500 to $600 range and will probably get it off ebay. Also i'd like some suggestions on a distortion pedal, i'm thinking maybe a keely modded sd-1, or a ts9. As far as a compressor goes i have no idea, but i sure as heck ain't spending 200 something bucks on a keely compressor! And as far as the amp itself, i want tight distortion, i hate lose flabby stuff!

thanks in advance for any suggestions

• Members

I'd go with a Crate V Series/Palamino or the Peavey Classic 30. But if you get the Classic 30, toss an Eminence Private Jack in there(the stock speaker sucks) and go with the Keeley TS9. My Classic 30 used to sound great with a TS pushing it, it was a really nice little amp.

• Members

Thanks for all the help guys, i'm really liking the classic 30 with the keeley ts9. I'm gonna try to get up to guitar center and play it as well as the ac15. I think i like the classic 30 better becuase it seems like you can play with alot more gain and it still sound good.

Archived