What's the best amp for soloing or shred?

serolF

• Members

Combos are for bluesmen and sissies. Get a used Mark IV and a nice cab.

and like Doug said, having being able to play tonefully is as important as having a good lead amp...

Heads and cabs are for weak pussies because they don't have to carry the amp and speakers at the same time.

• Members

I currently have th DSL. While it's incredible for rhythm, it's a little thin for my taste in the lead catagory. I did however narrow my search down to two amps: the Fender Cyber Twin (sounds awesome) and the Hughes and Kettner Switchblade, which I haven't tried yet. No one around my area has them so I might have to blindly purchase it and hope it's good...which is usually not the case.

Learn how to tweak your DSL, or buy a better guitar and speakers. My lead tone is anything but thin on my DSL50. My singer was playing lead through my rig on a song at our gig last night, and I was in the crowd listening to the thick ass juicy tone. Like suggested, get an EQ, or maybe change speakers.

• Members
Smaller? As in size? If that, used Mark III. I picked mine up for just over $800 and its the best decision I've ever made gear wise. Sooo much better than my old DSL50. With a boost it can get to the highest gain I'd ever need, and sounds fantastic without one as well.

seconded, thirded, forthded, fifthded, sixithded. seventhded....ah damn, just get the Mark III. I am currently saving for one at the momment.

Archived