Just received my DSL 50 need help

Celik

• Members

Hello guys,

I just received my DSL 50. My problem is i dont have a cab yet. So what i wanted to do is use the speaker from Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue and plug it in just to test it and make sure it works fine.

Here is the thing the lead on the speaker from the fender amp looks exectly like the lead from guitar cord, and in the manual it says not to plug any guitar leads. I dont want to fry anything so i need your advice on what to do.

I have selected the Marshall amp at 8 ohm parallel setting as thats what it says on fender amp (8 ohms parrallel) i assume i have that set correct?

Please help. :confused:

• Members

If the current cable going between the speaker and amp in the combo is sufficient, it will also be sufficient as a lead between the DSL and speaker.

You will want to match the ohm tap on the Marshall with whatever ohm rating the speaker is. If the speaker was working perfectly in the Fender's 8 ohm tap then use the 8 ohm tap on your Marshall.

• Members

Are you wanting just taking the speaker lead out of the Fender and plug it into the speaker out of the DSL 50? If so, that should work fine. That cable between the amp and the speaker in the Fender is a speaker cable. Just make sure you match the ohm rating of the amp with the speaker. Also, make sure the speaker can handle 50 watts.

• Members

Ohhh ok good news after all! :)

Yes this is the cable that was used on the combo and i wanted to disconnect it from fender and just plug it DSL50.

This is the speaker that is in the Fendr amp, its a 8ohm version. Its 100W so i guess that should be good to go. Here is the link to the speaker.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:cvH9s1VX7a0J:www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jensen-C12K-100W-12-Replacement-Speaker%3Fsku%3D665004%26src%3D3SOSWXXA+jensen+c12k+speaker&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us&client=firefox-a

• Members
Ohhh ok good news after all!
:)

Yes this is the cable that was used on the combo and i wanted to disconnect it from fender and just plug it DSL50.

This is the speaker that is in the Fendr amp, its a 8ohm version. Its 100W so i guess that should be good to go. Here is the link to the speaker.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:cvH9s1VX7a0J:www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jensen-C12K-100W-12-Replacement-Speaker%3Fsku%3D665004%26src%3D3SOSWXXA+jensen+c12k+speaker&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us&client=firefox-a

The question is is it long enough?

Archived