The first song im proud of.

Jxeboy

• Members

Hi All,

I just finished a new song ive been working on, and I think this is one of my favorite songs that ive written. It was really fun to record, and let me do lots of things that i don't normally get to do. Best of all is that it went very smooth, and only took two days to record. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. Its called "along we go" and you can find it at:

http://www.myspace.com/callingyou478

http://www.soundclick.com/callingyou

Thanks a ton for listening. I just decided im going to go to college for music production, so hopefully i can always make music, its one of my goals.

~Jake

• Members

hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. Its called "along we go" and you can find it at:

Thanks a ton for listening. I just decided im going to go to college for music production, so hopefully i can always make music, its one of my goals.

~Jake

HELL Yeah Jake.....You got an awesome freakin sound there my brutha.....you could make this puppy hunt! Very Cool -- rock on:cool:

• Members

Hi All,

I just finished a new song ive been working on, and I think this is one of my favorite songs that ive written. It was really fun to record, and let me do lots of things that i don't normally get to do. Best of all is that it went very smooth, and only took two days to record. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. Its called "along we go" and you can find it at:

http://www.myspace.com/callingyou478

http://www.soundclick.com/callingyou

~Jake

I love it! nice stuff!

Just a thought though... mainly a reflection of my own doings. Why study music production? By listening to your stuff, you already clearly have a grasp of the situation. I did the music production thing, and in hindsight I wish I didn't. It was fun... very fun, but its a completely different discipline to writing and playing music. It often prevents me from seeing the forest through the trees so to speak. I never really mix or record my own music anymore because its a big task to write, arrange, perform, record, mix, etc all by myself... particularly when I know people who have focused on just audio engineering and can bring better and fresher ears to the project which ultimately reflects positively on the final result.

You can write great music, and you can even record great music (there ain't nothing really wrong with the quality of the recording)! Maybe you should invest that tuition money on professional studio time/mastering/musician hire, etc and make one absolutely brilliant album with the best people you can find! If you think writing and recording your own music is fun, wait til you play producer in the studio with a bunch of great engineers and musicians at your fingertips... its an absolute blast!

Anyway, Im ranting. I dig the photons on high stuff too! :thu:

• Members

hi jxeboy

I commented some time ago on your "take me home tonight" and said that it wasn't my kind of music, which was how I felt at that time.

Now I hear this song and I really like it. So I listen to the previous song again, and this I like it as well. Then I listen to all of your posted songs (on myspace) and I really like them as well.

Your have a very good talent for writing a good melody line. You use very simple tools to achieve great earhangers. What I didn't like the first time, and it is still a minor issue in my ears, are the heavy guitar sound. It becomes a lot of the same songs, where you actually mix them up in your head.

On the other hand you are just so good at that concept, so why shouldn't you keep doing that. That's your call.

Your song has a certain Beatles vibe to it. And to me that is about the biggest cadeau you can ever get. I know that on your side of the pond, Beatles ain't such a big thing, but to me they are the greatest.

The Beatles-vibe manifests itself by the simple, and extremely catchy melody-lines and in some of the second voices you do.

If I should give you any advice it would be to put more music into your songs. Be bold and create more diverse sounds and multilayered themes. It seems like a waste of talent to be stuck with only the wall of guitar sound. I feel you can do a lot better than that.

I look forward to hearing more of your music.

• Members

I believe the crits call this insufferably good-natured, infectious pop. I really enjoyed it! :D

Packs a lot of postmodern, not quite post-ironic pop in 3 minutes -- I really felt like I'd been somewhere.

Lotsa fun!

[Now, folks who known my AT-antipathy will already know my feelings about that aspect, so we'll leave that there. ;) ]

Archived