Songwriting Forum Challenge 4

RadiationNation

• Members

Thx for the kind words. Rocknote - you live in Odense ?? :eek: What a strange coincidence!!!!!
I return for good in march/april next year. Sure, let's get together and make some good music - I mean, between the two of us it can't go wrong ;)
My inspiration for the chorus was in fact Bowie and Heroes. Originally that was also the case with the verse, but I changed that.

• Members
Thx for the kind words. Rocknote - you live in Odense ??
:eek:
What a strange coincidence!!!!!

I return for good in march/april next year. Sure, let's get together and make some good music - I mean, between the two of us it can't go wrong
;)
My inspiration for the chorus was in fact Bowie and Heroes. Originally that was also the case with the verse, but I changed that.

Yes, 5000 Odense C. It is indeed very strange! To make it even more strange, I once spent my summer holidays with my parents in Sognefjord! Small world, eh. Yes, we should definitely get together when you get back! I look forward to it! :thu:

• Members

When I listened this afternoon, my first thought was Crowded House, but after a quick refresher on a couple of CH songs I realized that wasn't the case. Now that I know, the Heroes references are clear, and I don't see how I wouldn't have recognized it at once. Excellent job on one of my favorite Bowie songs.

And on mine, yes, that is a James Brown sample on the chorus and the whole thing is supposed to be performed in his style.

• Members

That was a very, very good suggestion! I find it interesting that you pointed towards someone following in LR's footsteps rather than pointing towards LR himself - because I did that too as regards your song: not the soul funk master himself, but some latercomer of his school. Sometimes the answer is easier than we think. :) I will make sure to check out those Cowboy Junkies. I barely know them. But I should. Thanks a lot for bringing them to my attention. :thu:

• Members

Based on the lyrics and the vocals, I thought it was Lou Reed, but the tempo and the slide didn't match anything I could think of (for tempo I was thinking Pale Blue Eyes, but it doesn't have a slide -I'm not familiar with Coney Island Baby). The Cowboy Junkies cover fit the tempo and has a slide part.

Archived