V50-112, Crate, Good choice for metal?

Oscius

• Members

Ok well our band's lead guitarist is looking for an AMP and he is looking at the V50-112 from crate currently. We play metal so good metal rhytm tone (not TOO disorted) would be needed as well as a great sounding lead tone.

We play in small space and defenetly cant cranck it up all the way so will it sound good without cranking it all the way?

Anyone who owns one post your comments, it is defenetly a plus if you have experiance from other amps :). Other suggestions would be great too.

Thanks.

• Members

For that price you could get a much better amp than a Crate. I'm a Marshall fan-boy, so my suggestion would be a Marshall DSL and matching cab. You can get some really good metal tones out of that with a boost up front, or you could dial it in however you want.

• Members

okay I must be honest I am a keyboards player and as such understand as much from guitar amps as rocket science... So I didnt really know that crate is considered bad, and you know what the reviews always tell you : /,

I am tierd of low level products, the cab doesnt have to be perfect but at least something that can be considered "pro" or at least entry level would be nice. Stereo system would be best but is currently out of price range.

BTW whats your take on Tube VS. Solid state with multi FX?

uh yea and :facepalm:

• Members

I am tierd of low level products, the cab doesnt have to be perfect but at least something that can be considered "pro" or at least entry level would be nice. Stereo system would be best but is currently out of price range.

For 600 Euros, you should be able to get some pretty decent gear.

BTW whats your take on Tube VS. Solid state with multi FX?

That's the endless debate on this forum. Personally, I'm a tube guy. There are SS modeling amp guys on here that will say that Tubes suck, and aren't as versatile. It's all a matter of opinion.

Archived