OT: Gustav

Poe36

• Members

It figures that right when things were getting back to normal from Rita/Katrina, another one is coming right towards me again! :mad:

I just finished my first week of college and I can't even go to the first LSU game of the year because my family has to evacuate!

So basically, I made this thread for us to give our thoughts/rants about Gustav.

• Members
well i'm going to the lsu game...game bumped up to 10 a.m. from 4 p.m....i think i'll take some extra water/snacks along with us in case we're stuck in traffic on the way back home.

im so jealous :cry:. i wanted to stay for the game, but my whole family is leaving tomorrow at 8am

• Members

Exactly.

Now what was the complaint?

Oh, {censored} you. The port cities are important for the south. We need them, economically. You can't assume that people are just going to not rebuild or never come back simply because of the propensity for storms.

• Members

Oh, {censored} you. The port cities are important for the south. We need them, economically. You can't assume that people are just going to not rebuild or never come back simply because of the propensity for storms.

thanks

• Members

well i'm going to the lsu game...game bumped up to 10 a.m. from 4 p.m....i think i'll take some extra water/snacks along with us in case we're stuck in traffic on the way back home.

hope the new QB works out for ya. also, please tell the mad hatter not to make such crappy decisions so they beat bama this year by 30 or more points.

war eagle.

• Members

No problem. This whole "then don't live there" thing really pisses me off.

Why? The country wouldn't go to {censored} if most those areas were shut down. Just man the oil rigs. This isn't the 1700's. We have two massive coastlines at our disposal, mostly untouched.

Unless you have a skill that only enables you to live there, once you get wiped out, you ought to have enough sense to think twice about where you build your next nest. Any less and you have slipped below birds and rodents. If for some reason you can't, and you do choose to bitch, then your top priority ought to be getting your children to migrate when they leave the nest. If everyone did that, there'd be only the supreme dumb{censored}s of dumb{censored}s in less than 50 years left.

Seeing as we are coming out of a long dry spell and are in for a solid 30 years of devastation, it's not a renegade act to question people who stay, seeing as the rest of us will be the ones footing the bill. I'll always feel bad for innocents, but this is worse than the jokers that rebuild after every mudslide in Santa Monica just because they're covered by insurance. They cry on TV like it's a surprise and how horrible it is, but the only horrible part is that it was predictable and simply a matter of time.

• Members

Good luck, but leave while you have a chance. This is simply how life is in that area. At least you have warnings, you know. Like a giant storm. Us folks in Cali have next to no warning when our natural disasters occur. Oh, and it is an occurance, not a tragedy. Most tragedy can be avoided.

Archived