I got laid off yesterday

30secs

• Members

sucks.

Seems to be alot of that around here lately. Esp in IT stuff...

Yes, there is a lot of that going on. Not just IT, pretty much anyone who is hovering between entry level and experienced, like me. Not to mention in Accounting, anything below Staff Accountant (A/R, A/P, Accounting Manager) is all dominated by former housewives with little to no education. They work for cheap, are secondary income, and have loads of experience because they don't care to advance and companies are thrilled to keep paying them next to nothing (relatively speaking).

That is the pickle I am in right now. It sucks. The only way to get experience is to work your way up...through the housewive hell that low level Accounting is. I may jump ship into Auditing if need be just to get some of that experience.

• Members
Hmmmmm I could easily live on 60% of net.
:idea:;)

I was actually able to make ends meet pretty easily, and I have insane bills. I felt pretty lucky to be granted so much. On the other hand, being on unemployment makes me feel like a bottom sucking loser, so I only used it as long as I absolutely needed to.

• Members

Yes, there is a lot of that going on. Not just IT, pretty much anyone who is hovering between entry level and experienced, like me. Not to mention in Accounting, anything below Staff Accountant (A/R, A/P, Accounting Manager) is all dominated by former housewives with little to no education. They work for cheap, are secondary income, and have loads of experience because they don't care to advance and companies are thrilled to keep paying them next to nothing (relatively speaking).

That is the pickle I am in right now. It sucks. The only way to get experience is to work your way up...through the housewive hell that low level Accounting is. I may jump ship into Auditing if need be just to get some of that experience.

Luckily my wife is an accountant, and isnt doing too badly :o Makes me want to get a business degree also, as she has plenty of choices...

Me, I do Engineering type stuff, and basically get paid {censored}. They know there isnt much opportunity out there, and exploit that. But, at the same time, I have a lot of freedom to basically take on about any project I want. Nice for me as I get lots of nice experience, but bad, as I basically do it for free :cry:

Archived