OT: Need help from computer savvy forumite

Slunderfungus

• Members

I have been having a hard time finding an asnwer to this delimna so I am turning to the forums I haunt to try and harvest the knowledge and experience of those who also haunt these various forums.

I have a 60 gig 2.5"laptop harddrive that I pulled out of my PS3 and replaced it with a 120 gig HDD. The PS3 uses the Fat32 file system but I can't find any computer that will recognize it. I would like to use it as an external harddrive to store photos. This is how it acts:

Plug it in and the computer recognizes it as new hardrive and intalls drivers. I open My compuetr and it is not there. I go into device manager and it is there. So the compueter is recognizing it in someway but it will not appera in my computer or Windows Exploerer so I cannot re-format it to use as an external device.

• Members

^^^He's probably talking about the Device Manager which is under control panel/system. I agree that would be the first place to look at.

Actually:

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management

There you will find the disk manager thing I was referring to. Here you can partition disks/format, etc.

Archived