OT: Golfers

Sandman31774

• Members

Sorry I don't really have any websites for you, but I took my first lessons from a community college. They were public classes so you didn't have to be enrolled and are a lot cheaper than private lessons.

actually i'm taking lessons through a community college right now....but i'm not that impressed with the quality of instruction to be honest...i've wanted to play golf for years and never had time to learn until now...so i'm in it for the fun...but looking for some decent instruction on the net

• Members

Im in the same boat as you. I want to start playing and am planning on getting some clubs this week. I got about an hour of lessons trying out stuff at a golf shop. Maybe if you go to a golf shop and get a few pointers you can try it out at the range and then go to some more shops haha. It sure is cheaper than paying for lessons.

• Members

buy a book or two and study the fundamentals,grip,alignment,swingpath,tempo/rhythm.it,s like playing music,if you got no tempo or rhythm you won't be good.also study the angle of impact as the clubface hits the ball,hit down on the ball and don't try to scoop it.anyway good luck,if you get the fundamentals established in the beginning,you'll save a lot of time.

• Members

Go to a range. Have the golf pro give 2 or 3 lessons.

Thats how I started( back in Jr. high.)

Went on to play on the golf team at my high school.

Now I just play at best 3 times a year, but have a blast doing it.

Golf is all about practice .. In high school we practice 2 times a day.....before class we were at the range, after class we played9 holes.

In school I averaged really mid 70's.... now I'm lucky to shoot under 100 for 18, lol

Archived