Rod Sterling's Twilight Zone last night.

JSmalley12000

• Members

Hello all,

Just a little something I wanted to share with you. I was laying on the couch last night, very late and after a mediocre-to-terrible practice (see my other post today about vocal advice :) and happened upon an episode of the Twilight Zone on the Sci-Fi channel. I've always loved this show, and I was excited because I don't get a chance to watch it that often.

The episode was about a guy who basically got hit by a car, and thought he was dead, but it turns out he was half-way between life and death, and an apparition, who was playing jazz, tells him he needs to play, that his gift of music is very special, and he NEEDS to be playing so that other people who don't play have a chance to appreciate the gift.

Here's a Wikipedia page on the episode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Passage_for_Trumpet

It was very strange to happen upon THIS episode at THAT moment, almost like something was intervening, and telling me to get over a bad practice and keep going. But, ultimately, what it said was true -- we have a gift, and it's important that we keep playing because it's special, and we have this gift in order to share music with other people.

That's all. It was a pretty exciting moment for me. Thanks again for all the advice I get on this board.

Cheers.

Archived