AT&T tv service

jlc1587

• Members

Anyone got this? Not the dish bundle... But the u-verse or whatever that goes through the phone line. I'm reading really good stuff about it. You can record 4 things at once. Some people were saying the HD channels look better than cable. I can't have satellite in my apartment this is the only alternative to cable. Although I can't find what channels they have on this thing. I knew it was only a matter of time before tv came through a phone line!

• Members

How does it compare to cable? A lot of hd channels? If I got it I'd have to get a phone line and dsl and all that... Right now I get my internet through cable and just have cell phone. I used to have DSL with at and t. It sucked. It wasn't as good as my cable internet. Every time it stormed or rained the phone lines scrambled a little and slowed it down. Does your tv ever suck when it storms any issues?

• Members

I live in San Diego, we don't exactly get storms so I can't answer that question. The internet is slower and I have noticed it when playing games online with my PS3 but not enough to make me switch back. The recording 4 channels at once is REALLY nice compared to the 2 with Time Warner. I use my cell phone as my main phone too and my roommates and I don't have a land line. There are more HD channels I think.

As for the internet thing, the only time I noticed a terrible lag is if I'm playing a game and my roommate is trying to use the internet or something. If two or more people are using the internet on their computer then it is fine.

• Members

Maybe our landline is turned on with no plan. I'd have to check. We got this set up at the start of semester last spring so it's been a while. I just know AT&T doesn't do anything {censored}ty with the billing that Time Warner did before. If our landline is turned on we are definitely not getting billed for it.

• Members

Yeah.... I have comcast cable. It's okay but I had satellite when I lived in a house and loved it and had to switch to cable in this apartment. It don't have as many HD channels although the on demand is better. The HD channels do look slightly better though. The only thing making me not want to go to this new tv service is the cable internet is just so much damn faster than the dsl. Of course i could have it both separate but that would cost more.

Archived