You guitar center employees!

CorpseTumor

• Members

It depends on how much they have in stock and how often they sell. My freind is a manager and I always call him and ask him how much for.... etc. It always depends on something.

which store?west la,southbay or hollywood?

holy snaps 40-60 percent?!

Like lets say this guitar right here...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-CGX171CCA-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=511074

• Members

I walk in with a certain amount of money... and I don't do this to lie it's always the truth. Say I want a guitar case for 99 dollars but I only have 75 dollars at the time. I tell them thats all I got and they usually take it.

• Members

You better look online before you go to ANY music stores these days. Tons of times I have went to local music stores and bought stuff and then came home and looked it up online and it'll be like 100 dollars cheaper. I try to support small music stores instead of places like guitar center but most of them are overpriced.

• Members

ahh.

so is can he give you a 40-60 percent discount as the other guy says?

Like off the gc sticker price?

Lets see, I got an Ibanez from 1099 to 650 with no tax,

A Boss DD6 for 140

I got a recording special that came with the Mbox, Moniters, pro tools etc, I think it was 999 but I paid 700

• Members

as a former Guitar Dept manager, it helped to know what brands you profited the most from for your commission..

i could sell a $1400 Fender or Gibson, and make more selling a $699 Ibanez or Jackson...ESPECIALLY the ibanez....i had no quarrels selling those...i made ATLEAST a 1/4 of the sale price as a commission and the guitar wasnt that bad either...

if i still worked there i would definitely be getting a new 24fret S series....but, i dont know ANYONE there now...so my promised discount for life no longer applies..:cry:

the best deal i got was my sd-1...was like $22 brand new i believe..

Archived