**WHAT AMP SHOULD I BUY?**

Syyle

• Members

I am playing through a Schecter C-1 Classic which has passive JB humbuckers which naturally have a fantastic tone and the axe has some pretty smooth sustain. I am playing through a BOSS Gt-8 pedal for effects and distortion, so I am pretty happy with both of those.

Currently, the amp I am using is a marshall jcm900 100watt full tube combo. it's "okay" but it doesn't quite have that "bite/crunch" or heaviness I imagine a half stack of a different brand could get...? The tone I am looking for is something in the vein of tool, deftones, gojira, etc. I know those are distinctly different bands, but i really like the atmospheric and beautiful tonal quality their guitars can get at times and I want something that can sound clear and heavy at the same time. I was looking at the Peavey Valveking Half stack, maybe...?

My budget is right at 1000$ +/- about 200$. :thu:

• Members

see, the thing is, i have spent a ton of quality time getting to know this pedal and figuring out how it works, and i can get it sound "almost" as good as some peoples boutique analog pedal setups. it's just a tool, like anything else.

i am looking for something that shouldn't need modding. and i also want a 4x12 cab.

is DSL the same as Diezel?

• Members

see, the thing is, i have spent a ton of quality time getting to know this pedal and figuring out how it works, and i can get it sound "almost" as good as some peoples boutique analog pedal setups. it's just a tool, like anything else.

i am looking for something that shouldn't need modding. and i also want a 4x12 cab.

No, it's a Marshall DSL (dual super lead), the DSL's loop is not going to work that well with your GT8.

• Members

what im saying is- the DSL is a good amp stock. it has good toanz... but if you were to get - let's say- a used DSL 50, and send it to jerryP and have a mercury magnetics output transformer and choke installed on it, and you get it back, and plug it up to a descent 2x12 ... like the one i suggested you could get for cheap(compared to a 4x12) you would not need your pedalboard,or any other pedals- you would be in tonal bliss...with your schecter C-1 with the JB in it- you could get all kinds of different toanz plugged straight in to your amp just playing with the volume knob on your fiddle.... and the knobs on your amp. you wouldnt need anything else. maybe a delay? a flanger? i use a hotplate with mine.(recommended)

that set up would knock your dick in the dirt guaranteed.

stock it's fine.

modded it'll kill the babies sleeping next door-:lol:

do it. thank me later.

anything from old zepplin to gnr to death metal you could get with that set up.

the clips of my amp in my sig dont really do it justice- i recorded them half assedly right after i got it back before i really played with it much- only on the crunch channel(the lead is like a 5150-but on top of the OT/choke i also got the full mods) - i'd post some more but id have to pay for the ripper program.

Archived