So I'm shopping for t00bs

Demonofthefall

• Members

Looking for a matched quad of Ruby 6L6's for the Roadster.

I find there are some significant price differences from an online dealer to another (especially when factoring in the shipping costs to Canada)

It ranges from 53 to 98 ...:eek:

Could there be differences in the product ? Or in the accuracy of the matching ? :confused:

It can't be all for the quality of service ...

• Members

I think whats happening is that some dealers price match and some just don't give a {censored} and sell for their original prices. Ruby tubes,btw aren't that good imho. But then again neither are Groove Tubes,etc. Solvteck is pretty good, but you'd be better off finding some good NOS Phylips or GM tubes.

• Members

Ruby tubes,btw aren't that good imho. But then again neither are Groove Tubes,etc. Solvteck is pretty good, but you'd be better off finding some good NOS Phylips or GM tubes.

I think Ruby and GT may be rebranded Sovteks anyway.

I've always been satisfied with JJ/Tesla and am runing some great sounding JAN Phillips tubes in my Ampeg VL-1002. My Laney GH100TI has Groove Tubes in it and I'm definitely wanting to switch them out with something else.

• Members

Thanks it's an interesting read ... but they don't even mention Rubys in there.

I was recommended Rubys by a tube dealer and was simply wondering why their price was so high ...

Companies like GT, Ruby, and Mesa take Chinese or Russian tubes that are already made and go through them to find pairs that are similar to make matched pairs. They test them to make sure they're good and meet their specs, then they print their brand on them. That's why your paying a little extra.

• Members

BUMP for the Saturday morning hangover crowd !

Actually, Ruby 6L6GCMSTR is what I'm looking at ...

I just bought a set of those from Doug'stubes. Pretty smokin deal and if yougive him a call and tell him how hot you want the range of him, he will hook you up. I like those rubys.

Archived