Bell Brass Sustain Blocks for 7 string Original Floyd Rose?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Even if there was a difference it would have a minimal impact on your tone or playability...

What, the brass block itself or if the 7 string block was different from the 6 string block?

If you mean the latter, then it's possible it wouldn't fit, and if you mean that the brass block wouldn't improve the tone/resonance/bass response of the guitar, then there are a bunch of people who'd disagree with you...

• Members

What I mean is that although I don't know if there is a sustain block dedicated to OFR7, in a normal world, it shouldn't be, because it would be minimally different from the sustain block for OFR6 and the effects of this difference on the sound would be negligible.

• Members

What I mean is that although I don't know if there is a sustain block dedicated to OFR7, in a normal world, it shouldn't be, because it would be minimally different from the sustain block for OFR6 and the effects of this difference on the sound would be negligible.

Ah, yeah I understand what you mean. I was just wanting to know if they were different so I knew if size or the mounting holes were different..... because the 7 string is wider, so it would've been a possibility that it'd have a wider sustain block and the 6 string ones wouldn't fit.... I'd agree that the size from a 6 to a 7 wouldn't make much of a difference. I just wanted to make sure they use the same so I knew if I could buy a brass block for the OFR7.

Archived