really cool new ENGL invader 100 clip

enforcer

• Members

That bad?

Nah, I like it. It's just nigh impossible to get any constructive critisism around here if the amp isn't the flavor of the month. This was great since this is the first Invader clip that really gave me an idea how the amp sounds.

• Members

Nah, I like it. It's just nigh impossible to get any constructive critisism around here if the amp isn't the flavor of the month. This was great since this is the first Invader clip that really gave me an idea how the amp sounds.

Thanx man! yeah true it seems like not too much ENGL posts recently. Don't matter I love my invader a lot. Our new guitar player uses it all the time and we get great tone in the rehearsal space. I love the fact it's rawer sounding than my SE.

• Members
Great playing and tone.
:thu:
Really enjoyed it!

thanx man, it's not actually me playin since I switched to bass but it's my amp and guitar. I spent about 2 minutes miking the cab and yet it sounds pretty cool, next week we're gonna ad the bass and vox.

• Members

I like it. Sure sounds like an ENGL. Has that gangly top end snarl.

Great clip man.

thanx, the drums need some work as the snare tends to disappear during the fast parts, always the case with fast songs and an acoustic drumkit.

• Members

Good to see some other dutch thrashers :) Though I've heard of you before...

Clip sounds pretty good, think it needs some lows though... but that's my personal opinion, I'm more of the raw Slayer/Sepultura kinda tone instead of the other typical higher 80's thrash tones.

About the song, is that Plunging to Megadeath by Hallows Eve? Don't think I really recognise it. Some Hirax maybe?

• Members
Good to see some other dutch thrashers
:)
Though I've heard of you before...

Clip sounds pretty good, think it needs some lows though... but that's my personal opinion, I'm more of the raw Slayer/Sepultura kinda tone instead of the other typical higher 80's thrash tones.

About the song, is that Plunging to Megadeath by Hallows Eve? Don't think I really recognise it. Some Hirax maybe?

Thanx and yes you guessed right it is actually Hallows eVe, kickass clt band I always loved this song

I know what you mean but we cut the lows considderably on purpose to avoid sounddistortion in the production later on. WE will add the bass guitar for the lows!

• Members
Not much into Thrash but great tone and recording...........that's ENGL for sure!!
:thu:

thanx man, actually we're more of an hardcore/crossover band but I guess thats close nough to thrash hahaha. It's sounds less boring with the vox, leadguitar and bass added

• Members

Cool man, It's a damn killer amp. It can get really brutal sounding though it, by far, hasn't got the gain reserves the SE has. On this clip I had the gain on channel 3 at 2 o clock (6-7) whereas on the SE I have it at 11 o clock (4). The SE souds really good when recording at low volume at home, I think the INVADER really comes to life at rehearsal space volumes.

Archived