Send my Blues Away

Guitar Hack

• Members

Hey, not bad.

I don't know I've ever seen that song form before.

Usually if you have repeated lines like in each verse that sort of IS the chorus and there is usually not a separate chorus, but hey form is made to be broken. :)

Maybe work a bit more on finding unique rhymes. Some of these seem a bit tired or overused.

Still very nice job and better than I'm capable of at the moment, but I'm comin' on fast. :) :)

KAC

• Members

This is my first love gone wrong song. I have new recording software and haven't fully figured out how to use it. The recording's a little rough and I'll get around to fixing it soon.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=477036

I agree with Kenny - it's not bad at all.

The drums are way off time with your strumming - fire that drummer... lol.

Try and find a different drum style in the machine...

The recording is fine - levels are even and I can hear your vocals just fine.

This reminds me of some old Gordon Lightfoot...one of my favorite folk singers...

In the chorus (which is great) it might be an idea to end the third line with a major chord (the V chord maybe?) - to give it some lift/resolve.

I like it... :thu:

• Members

I agree with Kenny - it's not bad at all.

The drums are way off time with your strumming - fire that drummer... lol.

Try and find a different drum style in the machine...

The recording is fine - levels are even and I can hear your vocals just fine.

This reminds me of some old Gordon Lightfoot...one of my favorite folk singers...

In the chorus (which is great) it might be an idea to end the third line with a major chord (the V chord maybe?) - to give it some lift/resolve.

I like it...
:thu:

I agree. This is my first attempt at adding drums. I intend to make some changes in the drums when I rerecord this song. This was my first recording using this software and I'm just scratching the surface of it's capability.

• Members

What software are you using? You didn't say.

KAC

My bad.

Sonoma Riffworks.

Just got it and this is my first recording with it. I'm impressed with the ease of use and the quality. The factory presets are better than anything I've been able to achieve with stuff like Magix Audio Studio or Audacity. Can't wait to go back and re-record everything.

Archived