Allen Amp Owners

tommy_is_here

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I built his Brown Sugar combo with 1x15 a few years ago. Great amp. Very versatile in every way and really looked cool, too. Like a fool, I did an impulse trade for a Z Rt66. Big mistake (not that there's anything wrong with the Z)

Finished an Encore head a few weeks back. Think Vibrolux Reverb with a few cool twists. Haven't really had much chance to check it out at higher volumes, but I can tell it's got the Allen MOJO.

Allen came out with the Classic 10 kit about the time the Encore head kit arrived. Crap... now I have to order one of those. That's really what I've been waiting for... a hot rod tweed Princeton circuit. I will put it together tonight and try it through my 2x10 cab tomorrow. Still waiting for the combo cab with the Emi Copperhead 10. This thing ought to rip. I love low watt amps. I have a SF Champ "head" with a Triad OT I play through my 2x10 cab. This thing just rips. Most people can't believe it's only 5 or 6 watts. The Classic 10 is suppose to be 10 watts. If I like it as much as I think I will, I may just sell the Encore head. It's a great amp, but way more than I need for around the house noodling.

I will try to remember to follow up in a few days about the C10 build and sound.

Archived