P50E with Vintage30 in X-Pattern?

monkeysuit

• Members

Anyone ever tried something like this? The Cobra loves the P50E but the Herbert sounds better through V30's. However I don't want a 2nd 4x12 cab so i had the idea of replacing 2 of the P50E with V30 but I'm not sure how it would work out. I remember my old V30 cab being louder than the VHT so I fear the V30s might kill the P50s.

Whatcha think, should I give it a shot?

• Members

do you run both heads at once?

If I was in a one guitar band I might consider giving it a shot, but I think with two guitars this would be too much. I usually have one amp at home and one in the band room and swap when I feel like it.

To be honest I like the Herbert a lot through the stock VHT cab but it cut use some more midrange from the speakers for sure and so I though of the X-Pattern.

• Members

I think that would be a good combination. The p50es would fill the balanced and smooth sound out and the v30s would occupy all that midrange and top end bite.

Thats what I thought. But if the V30s tend to dominate the cab which i fear, I might end up not liking it with the Cobra.

Unless someone has tried this before I guess I just have to figure it out myself. Luckily the VHT and my 2x12 V30 cab are both fronloaded so the swap should be done quickly..

Archived