ENGL E530 clips, and settings

RyGy

• Members

I ahve noticed some really awsome clips of the ENGL E530, but with the four band tone stack it can be a bit difficult to get the settings that you want. I am hoping that other E530 owners can chime in, and post clips, and settings.

Here are my clips. The first one has almost everything at 12:00, boost on, and contour off. Recorded straight into the computer using the built in cab sim.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6754741

The second clip I made is miced up with a 1-12 cab with a vin30. I did ever mode, and have pics of the settings.

[YOUTUBE]w0ZTIiS0fwc[/YOUTUBE]

And finally yesterday I tried something very different. I put the

gain at 1:00

treble at 3:00

hi mids at about 10:00

lo mids at between 10:00-2:00 (to taste)

bass at 1:00

high gain mode on, contour off.

I thought that putting the treble up like that would suck, but if you pull back the high mids it makes the treble usefull, and it sounds killer!!!

Lets see if we can get some more suggestions for settings. I will try to make a clip this weekend of the settings that I just described.

• Members

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=2552

Recording Settings:

Scale:1-10

Gain: 6

Bass: 6

Low mid: 3

High Mid: 1 1/2

Treble: 2

Contour: out

High gain selected.

Keep in mind that I had to stray away from my normal settings to be able to use a decdent mic position.

Normal settings:

Gain: 6

Bass: 7

Low mid: 6

High mid: 2 1/2

Treble: 3

Contour: in

High gain selected.

Another thing, I usually go for a dark grind type of tone.

• Members

And finally yesterday I tried something very different. I put the

gain at 1:00

treble at 3:00

hi mids at about 10:00

lo mids at between 10:00-2:00 (to taste)

bass at 1:00

high gain mode on, contour off.

I thought that putting the treble up like that would suck, but if you pull back the high mids it makes the treble usefull, and it sounds killer!!!

Lets see if we can get some more suggestions for settings. I will try to make a clip this weekend of the settings that I just described.

Love the clips bro!

By looking at your settings, I would have thought it would've been too bright, but it wasnt. Sounds good!

• Members

I have found that it is all about where the high mids are at. Right now I almost have the treble cranked, and with the high mids backed off a bit it sounds killer!! This amp cuts like a razor!!

Im experiencing something similar.

If Im just playing around, I like to keep the low mids cranks and the high mids around 2. If Im recording, I back off the low mids and raise the high mids.

• Members

Thats what I have in my V!!! It is tuned to drop C, and it is massive sounding!!!

Hell yeah :thu:

I used an 81 for a while and liked it, but the treble would fatigue my ears. Switched to the 85 and I was like :eek::eek::eek:

:rawk:

Also, if you havent done it yet, take out those ECC83 tubes and replace them with tung-sol 12AX7's.....my bassist and I both noticed quite a dramatic increase in punch and clarity after I swapped em :thu:

• 1 month later...

Archived