What's unique about your material?

Marko

• Members
My tunes are uniquely authentic in that i study a genre and then create a new song from what I've learned. No matter if it's blues or jazz or rock or whatever.

My songs come from ME after countless hours of study and effort.

I consistantly create new material that's both original and timeless all at once.

If i wish to do a cowboy song then i study cowboy music until I'm able to understand where the musics came from and where it follows.

I don't rely on others to do the bass lines or the keyboard parts or the leads.

I do it all. Every note ,lyric and arrangement are mine and mine alone.

No one can copy my tunes easily cause they won't put forth the effort to see how the lines arrived.

My old band tried to do some of my tunes without me and could never figger out how i did it so completely. in short they BUTCHERED my tunes to the point of incomprehensibility. I could barely recognise my tunes in the mixed up muddle. it was laughable to me.

I never knew i had perfect pitch . I thought EVERYONE could sing as I.

I take any given genre of which i studied and then SEAMLESSLY blend the classical elements with the blues phrasing or jazz licks and add lyrics which tell a complete story even in a two minute tune.

I ain't sure what my mind does to allow my tunes to be so timeless and honest, "sincere" if you will.

Like the painter or sculptor that begins with nothing and adds the proper elements until he or she is satisfied enough to say I'M DONE.

I've written many tunes that satisfy my soul and heart and minde like nothing else. And not just my soul but the souls of many humans who somehow, in an almost undefineable way (like me), who feel BETTER after hearing and "feeling" my simple dittys.

In short, my songs get me high and I've seen this feeling come across to folkes high and low and near and far away.

I don't know why i've been blessed(or cursed) with this ability but i thank the creator and honor the creator by useing my heart and minde and body to express my gratitude.

thanks for lettin me share.
:wave:
:wave:

Did this creator give your mind a spell check button? ;)

You know, to match everything else that's perfect with ya. :p

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Your very kind.. I am more of a neurotic than a musician.. but I am always glad when someone enjoys my efforts..

Appreciate the listen!

I like this answer best. I think I am fundamentally bug{censored} and this is reflected in my work. It's like some kind of bug{censored} mating call.

Last night I was given what I call a "cinderella list" from a little girl whose stepmother had her basically doing all of the housework. It was an amazingly long and harsh list and ended with a bizzare warning that the child was not to disturb her father because the death of the father's girlfriend had upset him. This is a really difficult story to put across because it's just so strange, but it's the kind of story that attracts me. The same child recently said to me "It's wierd to be starting school at the beginning of the year. I usually start in the middle."
I am interested in the variety of experience that results in us all having different ideas of normal behavior and communication.

As far as the spellcheck person thing; I think different people have different aptitudes. My bankruptcy attorney thinks I'm a totally useless moron,
but in fact, I'm quite good at some tasks. :)

• Members
Did this creator give your mind a spell check button?
;)

You know, to match everything else that's perfect with ya.
:p

MORMONESQUEOSITY

...If i was a mormon
I would be a goode man
I would love all my wives with care
and i'd try to understand
the reasons why we drift apart
how it hurts the soul and breaks the heart
why we should try and why we should start again...

• Members
As for my answer to the OP....

I got nothin'
:o

Marko, you might surprise yourself. Some of the greatest songs of all time had very simple lyrics with a fantastic melody and a catchy hook. You just might write a hit some day, but if not, just have fun with it and express yourself.

Archived