Arch Enemy!!!!

TU BE

• Members
Have you heard Rise of the Tyrant? Even Michael Amott himself thought her vocals were overly layered and over-processed and tehy intentionally tried to fix that on Rise of the Tyrant. This album wasn't done by Andy Sneap like the last several were. It was done by Frederik Nordstrom (he did a lot of older In Flames/Dark Tranquillity/etc).

I hate to harp on this old point, but I really believe this new album is much better than the last 3, and I say that because I agree with you. The new stuff has lacked any kind of raw passion to it, been kinda bland and soulless, and I think that the production quality that Sneap gave them is part of it. The vocals are too layered and processed etc... but the new album was done by Nordstrom, and I think there's a lot more interesting guitar-work on it. It's a bit less polished, but I like that.

Nordstrom did Rise of the Tyrant? While the guitars and vocals sound good, the snare drum is totally non-existent in the mix. :facepalm:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really love the Amott brothers supe'd up Michael Schenker sound, but I'm tired of Arch Enemy. I haven't seen this DVD yet, but own the last one. The thing I hate the most about almost every live DVD is that they are so fixed up, that it hardly qualifies as live any more. What's the point? I understand that the band wants it to sound great, but keep the flubs, keep it raw, like the show. I own so many DVD's where there are guitar parts and vocals that aren't even possible (meaning there is a harmony solo and three guitar parts going). Screw that, keep it real!

Archived