Another clip... Symphonic black metal ( VHT/ENGL/Marshall )

mparsons

• Members

Guitar tone sounds very good; cool stuff. But seems like either the bass is too low in the mix, or there isn't one and there needs to be... other than that I'd just say try to make the drums a little more natural sounding. They sound much better than your earlier programming efforts, but still very mechanistic. You really just need to get obsessive about varying the velocity of every hit. Variation, both in dynamics, tone, phrasing, etc, is the main thing that makes a human drummer different from a drum machine.

Also, please don't put the djenty hxcx breakdown in the music... :facepalm:

Edit: pretty sure there is no bass at all... so yeah, bass is needed.

• Members

Yeah, no bass. I always borrow my room mates and I'm away on Christmas vacation... so no bass for me.

And don't worry, no breakdowns. Well actually there is a SWEET {censored}ing piano/guitar br00tality breakdown in this song but its not hxc or djenty at all. Just pure {censored}ing rage and aggression.

• Members

Thanks for listening!

The br00tzbucker is a custom shop pickup that Ansley had made. That's what he calls it. I can't remember the exact specs but I think its an Alnico 8 magnet with a ridiculously high output, designed to be like an EMG 85 but smoother, thicker, and more musical. It's definitely in the same tonal region as the EMG 89 it replaced but in my opinion its a improvement. The same tone but better.

Archived