new tubes already microphonic

cuban_b

• Members

just sharing some frustration you guys.

i ordered some new tubes for my marshall and installed them at the practice space. i got impatient and wanted to hear what they sounded like so i turned on and cranked up my amp without it being in the head cabinet. i keep cranking and cranking and getting louder just to hear the little nuances these new tubes bring to my amp. my bass player decides to join in and cranks his amp to try and match mine and ends up rattling everything so much that my v1 preamp tubes goes microphonic from the rattling.

arg!

oh well lesson learned :)

p.s. the tubes sounded pretty good :)

• Members
just sharing some frustration you guys.

i ordered some new tubes for my marshall and installed them at the practice space. i got impatient and wanted to hear what they sounded like so i turned on and cranked up my amp without it being in the head cabinet. i keep cranking and cranking and getting louder just to hear the little nuances these new tubes bring to my amp. my bass player decides to join in and cranks his amp to try and match mine and ends up rattling everything so much that my v1 preamp tubes goes microphonic from the rattling.

arg!

oh well lesson learned
:)

p.s. the tubes sounded pretty good
:)

brand? type?

Archived