Broke a mold, tell me what you think.

protilius

• Members

Been busting out with a lot of great material lately.

Was hoping I could get some ears on it and hear a little feedback from the community.

I'm polishing up some pretty cool tracks that are worth a gander here:

protilius.com or broadjam.com/protilius

Feel free to email me directly with responses. I'm specifically interested in opinions on Reckless Minds and Cascade.

It is classically based music with electronic elements and industrial undertones. Think modernized soundtrack for film.

I do remixing if anyone is interested. Always looking for like minds to play with.

Cheers:)

Nathaniel Jones

Archive lead producer

protilius@gmail.com

• Members

Hi, Nathaniel

I'm listening to "Reckless Minds."

I like some of the sounds but, I have to admit, I'm really looking for a stronger beat. The envelope filtered lead is pretty loud for my tastes. The string section brings a little welcome grit and texture to the largely FM sounding synth-dominated bed. I like the glissandi on the bass, gives it a nice, seasick kind of sound that pulls the rug part way out from under the listener.

"Cascade" has a nice intro and I like how it opens into what I take to be the main, more full section. The strings bring a lot of tension, and the sustained synth sounds really crank that tension up. The pizz sounds that open and close give a nice unity.

It's not hard to imagine this track, especially, in the soundtrack to the right movie. Have you tried for any placements or looked, perhaps, for student/independent filmmakers looking for soundtrack music? If someone was looking for an update to the old Tangerine Dream soundtrack sound of the 70s and 80s, I think you could do a fine job!

:)

Archived