Wrote a new tune off of a Beatcraft beat

karma279

• Members

Was messing around with Acoustica Beatcraft...

Not finished... haven't written lyrics.

I originally had a TOOLish idea for it.... does anyone have any opinions melody wise (vox)?

Please critique the rough mix with no regard.... (yes the volume's too low, the beat transition after the solo is jacked and the beat cuts off weird at the end)

11/19/08

Thanks

• Members

Hey...

in regards to the drums... it's not bad beatwise... but I'd really recommend dropping it into some sort of a mixing program. I always used to use Cool Edit Pro... there are a few good freeware ones out there that I can't be arsed to remember. Definitely put some reverb on the snare, a bit more low end on the bass, etc. etc.

Other than that, the guitar playing and songwriting is solid. I can definitely see what you were going for with it.

:thu:

• Members

Cool stuff. I've got vocal melodies coming to mind when listening. I think you could add to the main riff section by switching to chords while keeping the same bass groove. Also, after the guitar solo, drop out the drums and bass for a couple of measures - makes it a little more dramatic. Or just get a new section/bridge to come after the guitar solo. Nice start!

• Members

Bump..

Blue2blue? I've posted a few tunes here before. I like to get your input..

(the OP said "this is the first song I've posted here"... but I copy/pasted this thread from GJ. This is the first tune I'd posted for those guys to review :freak:)

I'm thinking I should do something else for the verse (guitar wise)

This is in D

Any recommendations.... or post up some riffs that would be killer.

Tab is fine

• Members

I don't listen to much Tool, so I might not be the ideal listener. Seems like it would be hard to construct a melody on this - it kind of sticks on that one chord and doesn't go anywhere until the second section, which is also pretty static/stuck on a single chord. Try modulating the riffs in each section - those modulations will give you an implicit chord progression to work with.

Archived