I had severe GAS this weekend... (Musicman and Fender content)

Beardsman

• Members

This weekend I was offered a spot playing bass in a band with some friends. So after some thought as to how I would acquire bass equipment, a call to a friend, and some ads on craigslist I found what I needed...

I traded a beat up Ampeg VL-1002 that's in need of some new tubes for a 1974 Musicman sixty-five. This one is all tube, it's an earlier model with a single 12ax7 preamp. This thing has a TON of bass, I was pleasantly surprised. Also, I didn't think the 65 watts would be loud enough to keep up with two 100 watt stacks. Well, I was wrong, this thing rips. Afterwords, I plugged it in to a guitar cab with in my telecaster. It has some sweet overdrive.

I also traded a 1967 Gibson LGO for a 1993 American Jazz bass. It's a quality piece.

Then I took some beano. I think my GAS is supressed for the next year or so...

MUSICMAN65-1.jpg

MUSICMAN65-2.jpg

USAjazzBASS1.jpg

USAjazzBASS2.jpg

• Members

nice rig!

those music man's are cool amps-- they get a pretty unique overdrive. folks i know have the hd135s, and swear by 'em.

sharp bass too!

I also know several people who have gotten years of tone and reliability out of them. I can't wait to get back to the practice space to throw a tube screamer in front of it.

Archived