What do you guys know about Fender Super 60s and Power Attenuation.

eloydrummerboy

• Members

Been looking for a new amp for awhile. I've been running a Peavey Bandit 112 since high school. Not horrible, but certainly lacks anything to write home about.

Found a Super 60 for a decent price. From what I hear they have a nice clear Fender sounding clean channel. The heavey channel is a bit much though and both are so loud it's hard to crank it to get the most out of the tubes.

I was thinking about possibly putting a Power attenuator into it so I could dial it down to about 5-15 watts and really crank it.

So what's your opinions on this amp, as is. And has anyone ever put a Power Attenuator in before, and how hard is it and is it worth the trouble/price? I do have a BS in electrical engineering and am currently going for my Masters and have done soldering type {censored} before (I've build a few effects pedals) so the knowledge and skill is there, it's just a matter of how difficult it is and if it's worth my time/effort/money.

All opinions appreciated, even smart ass ones.

I'm basically looking for a low wattage (5-15W) tube amp with a great-good clean channel (will use effects for OD) and at a good deal ($100-$250). I thought this might be one route to go.

• Members

Fender Super 60s have very high headroom. I would be honest to say if you want to crank that mother{censored}er you need an attenuator in between the power amp and speaker. Make sure the impedance match the what the attenuator wants to see. Weber makes good attenuators.

PS I am not sure if you like the tone of cranked Fenders though. They sound like a better version of Tubescreamers in front of the amp.

Archived