XB360 vs PS3

satannica

• Members
I hadn't owned a video game system since I was a kid. That said, I bought a PS3 for the bluray player, and because I don't play many games.

LittleBigPlanet actually is pretty fun, as are the Call of Duty games. Mind you, I wouldn't spend money to play them online, but the PSN is free. As such I play them online a bit. Makes the games better since you're not just limited to what the creators thought of.

:thu:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Too bad its not on the same level artistically or gameplaywise as KZ2.

According to who :confused: its not out yet :confused: i mean, im all for killzone 2 being great but the first one kind of sucked I hear...

I just got my repaired 360 back... don't know if they fixed the issues yet. I use my PS3 mainly to play blu-rays and other media, but when it comes time to play games I find myself more on my 360 for some reason. Figure out what games you want and don't have the internet make your decisions for you.

• Members
According to who
:confused:
its not out yet
i mean, im all for killzone 2 being great but the first one kind of sucked I hear...

I just got my repaired 360 back... don't know if they fixed the issues yet. I use my PS3 mainly to play blu-rays and other media, but when it comes time to play games I find myself more on my 360 for some reason. Figure out what games you want and don't have the internet make your decisions for you.

oh kz2 is sick alright. Every friend i have that was in the beta said they're still sharting their pants

but i agree with you. I play my 360 a TON more than my ps3. LBP and MGO are still fun...MGS4 was definitely a great experience...

but 360 is the one that keeps bringin me back out

• Members
According to who
its not out yet
i mean, im all for killzone 2 being great but the first one kind of sucked I hear...

You did watch the video right? KZ2 will deliver beyond expectations. This is one of the few guarantees in life.

• Members

I'll chime in as usual. I have both. The online 360 experience is really fun. I feel like when i play games online on PS3 people don't have headsets and don't like to talk. Xbox folks always (for the most part) are on voice.

The PS3 is nice and quiet so for playing movies it is great.

The xbox can stream netflix which really works and looks great. I've watched a couple seasons of shows with it. Its great when you want to watch something now and don't want to watch what you have in media from netflix.

Gaming wise I like the 360s controller better.

In general I don't think you can go wrong. The thing that annoys me beyond belief on the 360 is the hard drive size (i got stuck with a 20gb). The thing that annoys me about the PS3 is installation times, there are no installation times on the Xbox. This confused the {censored} out of me when i got it.

• Members

The thing that annoys me about the PS3 is installation times, there are no installation times on the Xbox. This confused the {censored} out of me when i got it.

that's to do with the blu-ray player. the drive in the ps3 is really slow, slower than an xbox dvd drive.

anyways, i'd be nudging you towards a 360, for being that much cheaper, and personally i enjoy the online gaming on the 360 more. more fun and banter on there in my experience. also ps3 has a weird design, sony have boasted big tech specs, but the small bandwidth on the graphics card, and the use of lots of very specific DSPs doesnt seem very gaming suited. at least the 360s development will follow with the rest of the multi-core proccessors on the market. maybe they needed the floating point DSPs for playing blu-ray ?

• Members
that's to do with the blu-ray player. the drive in the ps3 is really slow, slower than an xbox dvd drive.

anyways, i'd be nudging you towards a 360, for being that much cheaper, and personally i enjoy the online gaming on the 360 more. more fun and banter on there in my experience. also ps3 has a weird design, sony have boasted big tech specs, but the small bandwidth on the graphics card, and the use of lots of very specific DSPs doesnt seem very gaming suited. at least the 360s development will follow with the rest of the multi-core proccessors on the market. maybe they needed the floating point DSPs for playing blu-ray ?

I'm referring to installation of downloaded content, really annoying. :mad:

• Members

Great responses.

Just to clarify... I can get a PS3 or Xbox Elite for a good discount new.

Basically, for FPS, crysis, far cry 2, I still use my PC. Nothing more than I want to use a mouse for aiming - it just makes sense to me, I can't see using a joypad for that would work. So unless it's amazing, I'm not too interested in the FPS offerings on either console, though I'd probably pick up a couple.

I'm not an avid gamer - as in I don't come home every night and I have to clock this boss, or kill this guy or have to max out 8million points doing this that n the other.

My main aims - I love proper racing games. I like F1 type games, but I also loved burnout on the PS2, though wished the levels were longer and slowdowns were less. I know I'm gonna get Race Driver Grid as it's mutliplatform.

With platform games, I mean stuff like Mario, Sonic... I know I'm never gonna get mario on either console and I've been told that the Sonic games are {censored}e on both systems. But the other thing I want is a good beat em up game so with a coupla mates around we can take rounds in knocking the {censored} out of each other. I see Street Fighter IV is coming out, so that looks cool?

I also need a coupla cutesy games to keep the girly interested. I think she's got her eye on Fable II.

Oh, and I'm not bothered about Final Fantasy...

What's a good off road game? Ideally with car damage!

• Members

I don't know why so many people prefer 360 games. PS3 has easily better games IMO :idk:

I never get disconnected from PSN and lag is minimal even when I'm using wireless. I couldn't be happier with the console (well, it would be nice if we got FFXIII before 2075).

• Members
I don't know why so many people prefer 360 games. PS3 has easily better games IMO
:idk:

I never get disconnected from PSN and lag is minimal even when I'm using wireless. I couldn't be happier with the console (well, it would be nice if we got FFXIII before 2075).

Really ps3 has almost the same games.

And the exclusives xbox is clearly in the win. And I'm not biased. I'm not a fan boy I mean I barely play games. But they have Halo, Fable 2, Gears Of War, exclusive download content on a lot of cross platform games.

I mean what does PS really have? Fall of man is decent.

Metal gear solid 4 is worth it.

• Members
I don't know why so many people prefer 360 games. PS3 has easily better games IMO
:idk:

The amount of videogame fail on HCAF boggles the mind sometimes.

When XBOX1 came out everyone was like {censored} that it sucks even though it had Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, better hardware, etc.

Now the PS3 outdoes everything and its like {censored} the PS3.

If you wanna play Kung fu Panda and a kick ass bald space marine simulator exclusive once a year, get a 360. If you want badass exclusive NEW ip's that cater to the gamer thats been around then PS3 is where its at.

• Members

The amount of videogame fail on HCAF boggles the mind sometimes.

When XBOX1 came out everyone was like {censored} that it sucks even though it had Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, better hardware, etc.

Now the PS3 outdoes everything and its like {censored} the PS3.

If you wanna play Kung fu Panda and a kick ass bald space marine simulator exclusive once a year, get a 360. If you want badass exclusive NEW ip's that cater to the gamer thats been around then PS3 is where its at.

hahahahahahahahaahahha oh man. dude maybe you're scaring people away from the ps3.

Archived