OT: Damn the automotive gods!!

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

Just when I was starting to make some progress on paying off my credit cards. :mad:

We've got a long weekend here, for Australia Day or some rubbish like that... so I get back to my car after work today, looking forward to a nice three days off... and nothin'. Engine won't make a sound. Only thing I'm finding will work is the power windows, and they were clearly struggling. So I figure it just needs a bit of a jump, maybe the battery's on its way out or something. Check... confirmed, battery is pretty {censored}ed. We get the thing started up though so at least I can drive it home... sweet, it's not entirely {censored}ed; I'll deal with the battery tomorrow...

No wait... what's that smell? Cover off the engine... oh sweet, my alternator's practically about to explode. Hotter than the {censored}ing sun! :eek:

So, a great start to the weekend, no doubt there's plenty more fun to come, and it's a big relief to know I'll get to put something else on to my credit card again, coz I was beginning to worry that I'd actually {censored}ing pay it off one of these days. :mad:

Hopefully there'll be some wrecking yards who haven't {censored}ed off for the long weekend, or I'll have to call in a favour. :(

• Members
Damn sorry man. That's how it goes. Almost always...
:facepalm:

Always {censored}in' something. I'm supposed to have a root canal done next month. Changed my mind now, I'm just gonna have the tooth pulled. {censored} that {censored}. I already spent a few thousand having 4 wisdom teeth removed late last year, I don't need more of this {censored}. :mad:

• Members
Yep, had that one late-ish last year too. Mine's just a crappy ol' 97 Commodore though.
:o

At least most of the time between one handy mate and another I can get stuff done a bit cheaper, but I'd rather not bug 'em this long weekend.
:(

lucky i got it fixed cos driving it with no coolant could lead into a few problems haha

Archived