first practice with the 6505 +.. my impressions

guitarbilly74

• Members
Our settings are VERY similar.. wow it's almost like I'm looking at my own amp
:lol:
what guitar and cab do you use with your amp??

I use a variety of guitars through it, they all sound great. :thu:

Fender Tele with full size bridge JB
Ibanez 1077XL stock but not to be soon :o
Edwards LP copy with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man

mainly... :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I use a variety of guitars through it, they all sound great.
:thu:

Fender Tele with full size bridge JB

Ibanez 1077XL stock but not to be soon
:o
Edwards LP copy with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man

mainly...
:)

I'm thinking about getting a JB for my Hamer.. I'm glad to hear it sounds good with these settings.

• Members

Makes sense to turn the presence down though.

But yall got the resonance at like 4? c'mon man! lol This amp sounds way more brutal with the resonance up at 8 or even maxed. And not really so much that you need low end the amp just sounds way better like that. It's like it comes out more.

• Members

Makes sense to turn the presence down though.

But yall got the resonance at like 4? c'mon man! lol This amp sounds way more brutal with the resonance up at 8 or even maxed. And not really so much that you need low end the amp just sounds way better like that. It's like it comes out more.

Yeah I like my resonance at 6 or 7. I'm not looking for a brutal metal tone though, just a modern, tight ROCK tone.

• Members

By setting the Pre gain to 5 on the clean channel, I was able to get a warm clean tone with just a hint of crunch and switching to the crunch mode gave me an awesome classic rock tone.

The lead channel is incredible for heavy rhythms....

The amp is surprisingly quiet too.....

it's way more versatile than a lot of people give credit for and quite frankly I have to say that if you can't get anything but metal out this amp, it's probably user error.

Big +1 on all this.. Nobody talks about the crunch ch for just ROCK, but man.. I get great straight old school rock/hard-rock outa that channel!

I like the amp wayyyy better than I thought I would. Glad you dig! :thu:

• Members

Well, I'm not absolutely sure is this my amp for life, cause I didn't play a lot of amps,but it is the TOP amp, for metal specially. Not only because sound, but other very important things like cutting thru, reliability, flexibility(you can change tubes with effect in the sound,which is very "open", so you also are able to tight him up if you want, or leave it as it is,its just another posibility to create the sound as you wish to be,you can also clear up the sound with changing the tubes).Very suitable with my englV60 cab.

Major of amps are closed with their sounds, you can't do anything, so big HAIL to 5150/6505 series.

+1

Archived