Will the MARK V get br00talz?

joeyinflames

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Advice about TONE is pretty silly, because everyone has different tastes. Find out what bands use em, listen to their {censored}, and make up your own mind.

I don't know of a single band that plays detuned deathmetal/core that recorded with mark series amps.

Man people are dicks here it's {censored}ing rediculous and immature

• Members

I don't know of a single band that plays detuned deathmetal/core that recorded with mark series amps.

Not flaming you dude but just because they don't use them doesn't mean the Mark can't bring the goods :idk:

• Members

Not flaming you dude but just because they don't use them doesn't mean the Mark can't bring the goods
:idk:

I don't doubt it, just wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience.

And digital jams, I need an amp with a nice clean and more versatility, but I want it to cover the brutal ground as well.

• Members

Why do they have to playing a specific style? Can you not hear a tone and decide whether or not you like it? Whats ridiculous is how some people cant seem to make up their own minds without being spoon fed. You've had a thread full of people that have answered your question.

Mark series amps have a lot of gain. They are tight which makes them good for detuning and have lots of midrange which helps cut through a dense mix. What else do you want?!?!

• Members

I don't doubt it, just wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience.

And digital jams, I need an amp with a nice clean and more versatility, but I want it to cover the brutal ground as well.

Welp, I haven't heard it yet first hand or really in depth on viedo like everyone else but there is the "extreme" mode which presumably has more gain/saturation than the MK IV...

In the end you need to wait till you can get your hands on one in a store. I do too!

• Members

Mark series amps have a lot of gain. They are tight which makes them good for detuning and have lots of midrange which helps cut through a dense mix. What else do you want?!?!

I get the impression he's hoping the Mark V will have a more "modern" metal type voicing like his 5150. :lol:

People who didn't like the previous Mark series amps see all the features of the V and somehow hope that it won't sound like a Mark series amp and give them a modern grind like a Recto. :p

• Members

I get the impression he's hoping the Mark V will have a more "modern" metal type voicing like his 5150.
:lol:

People who didn't like the previous Mark series amps see all the features of the V and somehow hope that it won't sound like a Mark series amp and give them a modern grind like a Recto.
:p

What I dont get as well..................it is still a MK amp but guys are hoping it is some Engl SE now :confused:

• Members

I get the impression he's hoping the Mark V will have a more "modern" metal type voicing like his 5150.
:lol:

People who didn't like the previous Mark series amps see all the features of the V and somehow hope that it won't sound like a Mark series amp and give them a modern grind like a Recto.

True. MESA would be pretty retarded to have two amps that do the same thing, essentially competing with themselves.

Recto - looser, lower midz, super-saturated

Mark - Mop/AJFA; Dream Threater, etc.

Both heavy in very different ways.

• Members

I dunno - I love my recto - but there are times where I wonder if it's the right amp for me - my dream rig as far as mesa/hi-gain goes would be something with a a channel between that of a recto/modern and a mark iv. It's like the mark is just a hair short on the low mids, while the recto overdoes the low mids. The mark is tight, but just doesn't seem to have the oomph of the recto. Thats sort of where I'm at with that. Perhaps I need to just look into a roadster or wait for a good demo of the extreme setting on the mark v.

• Members

Between my videos and OverDriven's KsE clip, you should be able to get an idea how a Mark IV (and by extension V) handles downtuned high-gain. And I can tell you from personal experience that it sounds fantastic. The reason they aren't more common is mostly because of marketing and the fact that they are tough to dial in.

I don't know what else to say :idk: no one can tell you if YOU will like it... and 99% of the people on this board have never played a Mark V.

Archived