Triple Rec has arrived

jlc1587

• Members

Well some people wanted to know how it sounded. It sounds pretty awesome. I have only got to play it about 20 minutes. It sounds pretty much exactly like I thought it would but I have heard many before I bought one. It's really tight and saturated which I like but still has that dryness to it. Theres a lot of damn mids.

I still don't prefer it over my 6505. But I can tell it would be sweet on recordings along with the 6505. I would definitely prefer it playing solos over the 6505. It's more of a lead amp to me. The 6505 is a bit more chunky to me.

I was super excited but looks like I'll be playing drums in my band. :facepalm: We couldn't find another drummer after kicking our drummer out so it looks like it's going to be me. I'm a way better drummer than guitar player but I've played drums in bands all my life and was really happy to be able to play guitar especially with all this new gear.

Guess I'll get the sm57 out and make some comparison clips. I heard an FJA modded rec that I liked a lot so that might be something I do.

So far I have not used an OD pedal with it and probably won't. It really doesn't sound like it needs it. It's really got a "dirty" tone to it and I'm afraid od will make it even more so.

Anyway someone post some rec settings so I can try yours out. I'd like to have coheed and cambrias triple rec settings. I don't know when they use theirs because they use marshalls, bogners, and triple rec's. I've already got a pretty cool metal tone dialed in.

• Members

Are you
sure
that you got a Triple Rec?

As in a
Mesa
Triple Rec?

Yep. It get's pretty saturated. But I noticed with my schecter it was much more saturated than my emg's. It sounds tight too. Not to loose. It's really really loud. It seems louder than the 6505 but probably not by much. I like it though I got a good deal on it. It was cheap. I can tell it needs new tubes though.

• Members

Dude, be patient. The Rectos need time for tweaking. There are a zillion tones in that box that can be coaxed out and there is no way you've even scratched the surface after 20 minutes. Do a search for some sample settings.....lots of killer ones floating around here. Also, throw a boost in front of it. One of the godliest live guitar sounds I've ever heard was a properly dialed and boosted Recto.

The Triple is a beast....and it needs to be tweaked. Get to it.

P.S. (Keep the gain under control and presence very low...see what that does.)

• Members
It's possible if you know how to dial one in.

And let me give you a hin......it ain't: Bass-10, Mids-0, Highs-10, Gain-10.
:thu:

bahahah id hope those arent the settings ANYONE is using. btw rectos can be dialed in to be AMAZING amps. but there one of the amps that i would never buy unless i had 300 left over to buy a maxon overdrive to boost it and an ISP decimator

• Members

Saturated, I can see.

But I would never call a Rectifier-series amp tight or dry.

Is it 2 channel or 3?

Anyway, HNAD, man!

It's a 2 channel.

To the other guy yes it sounds really good for leads so far. I just got through messing with it a little more. What I meant by dry is it is saturated still having that thump to it. But not as crunchy as the peavey.

I'm about to play it a little quieter and mess with the settings some more it's difficult to tell a lot of difference with it blasting up loud.

• Members

Yea and using a Triple Rec for leads? Uh...No.

Mesa Boogie Rectifiers = Rhythm Amps

Mesa Boogie Marks = Lead Amps

I don't know much about marks honestly. Never owned one. This thing seems to have a really great lead tone to it.

• Members

I really like the lead tone on my dual :idk: I actually like the lead tones more then a 5150. But for thrash type rythum I would rather have a 5150 otherwise I prefer the mesa rectifier. You can get some great tones from it after tweaking the amp and I think the first channel in push mode is probably the greatest thing about this amp. Throw an overdrive infront of it and it the lead tones are amazing.

• Members

I'm about to play it a little quieter and mess with the settings some more it's difficult to tell a lot of difference with it blasting up loud.

Don't play it too quiet...first, there's the principle of the thing. Secondly, Rectos need to move some air before they really find their voice. If you dial it in to sound killer when it's too quiet, it will sound like crap when it's working. Of course, this is the phenomena behind a lot of the recto hate that goes around - people dial their Rectos to sound killer at home, so they get buried in a band context.

The Mark series isn't as sensitive to this.

• Members
I really like the lead tone on my dual
:idk:
I actually like the lead tones more then a 5150. But for thrash type rythum I would rather have a 5150 otherwise I prefer the mesa rectifier. You can get some great tones from it after tweaking the amp and I think the first channel in push mode is probably the greatest thing about this amp. Throw an overdrive infront of it and it the lead tones are amazing.

yeah thats pretty much how I'm feeling about the leads.

• Members

Don't play it too quiet...first, there's the principle of the thing. Secondly, Rectos need to move some air before they really find their voice. If you dial it in to sound killer when it's too quiet, it will sound like crap when it's working. Of course, this is the phenomena behind a lot of the recto hate that goes around - people dial their Rectos to sound killer at home, so they get buried in a band context.

The Mark series isn't as sensitive to this.

Well I just mean quieter. Like recording volume. That's mostly where I will be using it.

• Members
I thought they used Bogner and marshalls.
:confused:
But Im sure they have recto in to.

They still have a triple rec. They use Bogner and Marshalls. Recently I think they started using a triple rec in place of where the marshall used to be.

Archived