Which Footcontroller for Engl SE?

Bud Ice Man

• Members

I am looking to use my '04 SE with one of the Engl footcontrollers. I want to be able to go from channel I in vintage mode w/effects loop 1 engaged to channel 4 on modern mode w/effects loop II at the drop of a single button press. I want to be able to program the controller to do any number of these types of switches (or I guess only 128 of them :)). I'm pretty sure that the Z-12 is the one that I need. But before I spend $279.99 on the {censored}er, I was just wondering if any of ya'll had any experience with these things.

P.S. Is there anything special about having access to the master volume mute function (available only with the Z-15)?

• Members
I am looking to use my '04 SE with one of the Engl footcontrollers. I want to be able to go from channel I in vintage mode w/effects loop 1 engaged to channel 4 on modern mode w/effects loop II at the drop of a single button press. I want to be able to program the controller to do any number of these types of switches (or I guess only 128 of them
:)
). I'm pretty sure that the Z-12 is the one that I need. But before I spend $279.99 on the {censored}er, I was just wondering if any of ya'll had any experience with these things.

P.S. Is there anything special about having access to the master volume mute function (available only with the Z-15)?

I have the Z12 and I dig it... I also have a Rocktron Midi Mate and an Intellifex those work very well together with my SE... If your getting an FX un it like the expression or intellifex get the midi mate as its cheaper and it very good...

• Members

Is it MIDI? Because the ground control pro seems to get used for things like that.

Yeah, the SE is MIDI capable and also has the built-in interface which will power the ENGL controller with out any external power supply. That's why I'm thinkin of just going with either the Z-12 or Z-15.

• Members
I'm using the z15 which has more features and options than I'll probably ever need, though it's flexibility is exceptional.
:cool:

The Z-12 is $140.00 cheaper. Would you go with the Z-12 if you had to choose between the two again today? What does the Z-15 do that you feel is worth the upgrade cost? Thanks, bro'!

• Members

Mine came with the z12, but I just use my berhinger midi controller with it. Everything is midi programmable, just dial up what you want on the SE, push the buttons you want, then press the lower far right button in for three seconds. It will flash three times and you're stored on what ever midi channel your controller was on. So easy.

What I want is a controller that will allow me to have channel 2 assigned to button 7, then buttons 1-5 will turn off and on different effects, without changing channel 2. Then push button 8 and go to channel 3 and have the same effects assigned to buttons 1-5. Essentially like a bradshaw system, but without spending 1000.00 on it.

Archived