looking for a new rack FX unit

xbox540

• Members

ok so i wanna replace my crappy behringer v-amp pro with something in the 400 dollar range, i've been looking at the G-Major or the Lexicon MX400, do any of you guys know of any other ones that are out there i could check out? also do any of you own either one of those two mentioned above and can you tell me about them?

• Members

As far as I know, Lexicon make superb effects and is the KING of reverb, but their units have a lot of latency when switching between effects. It's good if you want just one sound per song, but switching sounds on the fly takes its time...

• 2 months later...
  • Members

i just got an mx400, it is replacing my g major, timefactor and modfactor, probably some of my pedals too

using it in dual stereo mode limits it to 2 effects at once but they are powerful, with other routings you can have 4 effects at once but the quality of stereo routing is so good I think I'll just get another mx400 eventually

the modfactor has the changing presets unsmoothness issues too but they'll update it i'm sure, probably update the lexicon too i'm assuming, one way to get around that is to change one program at a time in dual stereo mode you get 2 effects so you can just change one program and leave the other on so you can have your verb spill over and what not

• Members

I have a Lexicon MX200 and like it a lot. If you don't need overdrive/distortion from your rack fx unit, it's very decent for the money. I especially like the reverse delay on it. But the reverbs and modulation effects on it are excellent too.

• Members

Quite a lot of guys on here own a G-Major and they're more than satisfied with it.

PM Dann'sTheMan cos' he has a {censored}load of info on the G-Major and it's settings

Thanks for the name check NaturalBornBoy! :)

xbox540, checkout the G-Major link in my sig for more info about how it can be used. Mine is certainly the heart of my rig control wise. If I were shopping today, the G-Major 2 would be a MUST audition - hopefully they've improved the construction (mine's been back for repair twice), and they've obviously added in some of the obviously missing FX from the original model. Lexicon make great sounding units too. :)

Big smiles,

Andy.

Archived