Got my legacy back from the shop (ugh)

Daniel Kamerman

• Members

I took my legacy in to get it fixed because it was hissing/buzzing really loudly, the effects loop pops loudly when switching on/off effects, and the amp only works for about 5 minutes when there is nothing plugged into the effects loop, than it gets really thin and looses volume.

So I took it in for them to do a diagnostic, and they give me a call the next day saying it's ready for pickup. So I head over to their shop and they tell me that the fx loop was corroded and needed to be cleaned, and that one of the power tubes was bum. So they did a full service clean and replaced the power tubes with some JJ el34's. I try it out in the store with a les paul into the front with nothing else going on, amp sounds great plus buzzing is all gone.

So I get home and plug in my Delxue Memory Man into the FX loop, and turn on the amp, and when I switch the pedal on, it pops louder than normal. So I take the pedal out and just plug in straight, and sure enough after about 4 minutes of playing, the sound cuts off like it used.

Ugh, so now hear I am with a broken legacy again. Of course I can't take the amp back for about a week because of my work schedule. I really love the legacy sound but I'm {censored}ing sick of this. I just want an amp that works dammit!!

Sorry, had to vent.

• Members

Did you call the tech and tell him that it's happening again?

Could it be that your DMM is somehow {censored}ing with the loop of your Legacy and it's causing all the issues?

The amp only works for about 5 minutes with nothing plugged into the FX loop, than it looses most volume and sounds extremely thin. So it's just Guitar - Legacy. I tried different cables and different guitars, I even tried different outlets in my house.

I think there is something wrong with my DMM too, ugh every pedal I seem to get breaks, my EVH phase 90 broke, my EHX small stone broke, and now my DMM. Ugh.

And yeah, I called him right after I tested it out, i just have to work all week because I work everyday and my next day off when they're open is thursday.

• Members

The amp only works for about 5 minutes with nothing plugged into the FX loop, than it looses most volume and sounds extremely thin. So it's just Guitar - Legacy. I tried different cables and different guitars, I even tried different outlets in my house.

I think there is something wrong with my DMM too, ugh every pedal I seem to get breaks, my EVH phase 90 broke, my EHX small stone broke, and now my DMM. Ugh.

And yeah, I called him right after I tested it out, i just have to work all week because I work everyday and my next day off when they're open is thursday.

The reason I thought your DMM might be the issue is because you said that after you unhooked the DMM and played straight in, the amp was {censored}ed once again. You tried the amp at the shop w/out the DMM and it was fine though. Maybe you should bring in the DMM to test the amp next time.

• Members

The reason I thought your DMM might be the issue is because you said that after you unhooked the DMM and played straight in, the amp was {censored}ed once again. You tried the amp at the shop w/out the DMM and it was fine though. Maybe you should bring in the DMM to test the amp next time.

I only tested the amp in the shop for about 25 seconds because I was in a hurry. Do you think by plugging the DMM once could {censored} it up for good?

Archived