The Green EP

Jxeboy

• Members

Ever get the bug just to make music?

Well I went overboard on my spring break and made a short album. I wasn't sure whether I was going to call in an EP or an album, but its only 8 songs, so I don't really consider it an album.

Even though I did it in a weeks time I feel like this is my most impressive yet. The mixes came really easily for me, and sometimes I wouldn't even have to go back and remix something.

I had a breakthrough with my bass sounds right at the beginning of the recording process. I decided to make it much lower and it opened up the sound of these songs.

The recording of Weary is the one I'm most proud of. With the lack of instruments it made it sounds really open. And overall I think it is a good recording.

I would like to see what you guys think about it. It was done in one week, and I don't feel like there was a lack of quality at all.

You can listen at

http://www.soundclick.com/callingyou

or a few of the songs at

http://www.myspace.com/callingyouband

Thanks you guys for all the great advice.

~Jake

• Members

You're a monster of productivity, Jake! I was wondering where you had been... I guess you were studying. Good for you.

I'm looking forward to listening to some of this later today. Last stuff I heard (I'm guessing it was winter break?) sounded pretty good, as I recall. I'll try to make a couple minutes to really sit down and listen and give you my thoughts on (at least some of) the new work.

:)

• Members

You're a monster of productivity, Jake
!
I was wondering where you had been... I guess you were studying. Good for you.

I'm looking forward to listening to some of this later today. Last stuff I heard (I'm guessing it was winter break?) sounded pretty good, as I recall. I'll try to make a couple minutes to really sit down and listen and give you my thoughts on (at least some of) the new work.

:)

Thanks, yes studying/not having all of the recording equipment I usually have put a stop to a lot of my music creation. But i did have a lot of time to write, so I had plenty of stuff to record when I did get home. Other than working last week was entirely spent on this CD. But 8 songs in about 60 hours isn't too bad right?

~Jake

Archived