Fair trade? Cab for Guitar content...

MrSandMan

• Members

I have a Behringer bass cab (15" w/tweeter) that I acquired from a trade.

I've received a message from a guy with a Fender Squire Stagemaster (bolt on neck, not neck-thru). Anyhow, he wants to trade straight up. Problem is, I can't seem to find any info for the value for the Stagemaster as they seem to be a bit rare.

Does this seem like a fair trade? Basically, he's getting a $150 cab for the guitar... not sure if the guitar is worth it.

I can post a crappy pic of the guitar. It's appears to be in fairly decent shape (better than one can expect for being an older guitar). I do see one nick behind the upper cut away.

Anyone have a Squire Stagemaster?

• Members

Do it. You can't lose.

Although nobody really wins in that trade.
:facepalm::lol:

haha - c'mon Behringer for Squire. It's da best equipment.

I'm interested in the Squire because it's FR and Double Humbuckers. :wave: Never played a strat with all the rockin' goodies....

• Members

Do it now!

Those Squiers aren't bad for what they are.

about the level of a mid to low end RG.

If I do get it I'll just play it for a couple weeks and sell it. Though the FR on a Strat is intriguing to me, I'm not much of a fan of floating trems anymore.

Thanks for the heads up. :thu:

• Members

Thanks for the heads up guys. I went ahead and completed the trade today. For a Squire, it is impressive. Holds tune like you wouldn't believe and the maple neck is perfect; comfortable and fast.

The strings are dead and they need replaced, the action could use some tweaking (it's set up like the typical Fender Stratocasters that I've played). The pickups aren't as bad as you'd think, but they certainly aren't a Seymour Duncan, but not bad... maybe after a restring it'll liven them up a bit more.

All in all, it's a pretty cool guitar. It's used and has the aged distressed look, such as a bit faded finish (creamy white instead of bright white) typical enamel cracks and some chips. According to the serial numbers on the neck, the guitar is a 1998... oh and it's reverse headstock, which is strange for a Fender.

After I write a review of it, I'll probably sell it for what I have invested in it. I don't really need it.

Peace

Archived