Anyone distrustful of Craig's List?

dennis138

• Members

Usually the guys I've met on CL are pretty cool and it is relatively easy to just pop into a store to test an amp/guitar out.

I walk in with the gear and just say...oh I want to try a couple things out with my amp/guitar...they usually don't say anything. Then I just let the guy that's buying take a crack at it since we usually walk in together like friends.

+1. Its also a lot easier to do at a place like GC or Sam Ash. That way you dont have a small business owner peering over your shoulder the whole time.

• Members

I bought a PRS McCarty Trem on CL, and I sold my PRS, Boss DD-20, and Peavey XXX. No problems.

It just takes a little longer than Ebay, and you get lots of stupid ass low ball offers or people wanting to trade stupid {censored}. One lady wanted to trade collectible hot wheels cars for my DD-20. :rolleyes:

Usually you know when someone is sketchy just by the communication. Everyone I dealt with called me on my cell.

• Members

I've had good experiences. The first time I sold a Digitech Whammy Pedal. I had just started driving and I didn't want to potentially get lost in Austin, so I had the dude meet me at Golden Chick in Taylor. Now that seems creepy. :cop:

I also found my current band through Craigslist. And then it turns out that I already knew one of the dudes! :thu:

Archived