I want the DMV to explode in a sudden burst of sulfuric acid and fire...

Scarlet_Worm

• Members

I go there and It's about 20% white folks and about 80% spanish speakers hanging out there. That's ours. Don't get me wrong... I live in an area with about 30% Latinos and I like it. Great people for the most part but I'm wondering how it is that there's so many people who obviously aren't from here and whom I doubt are here legally getting drivers licenses.

• Members

well... 2 weeks ago I go in to pay my registration, so I pay the ridiculous CA enviro fees and all that bull {censored}, which already pissed me off... then AFTER I ALREADY PAID THE {censored}ERS, they tell me "oh, you're registration has been suspended because you don't have insurance" , I explained to the lady that my policy expired 6 days before hand, but it was renewed and I'm waiting for my new card to come... she said, "well, when you get the new card, come in and we can give you the registration"...

now fast forward to today... I go to the DMV with my new policy card, wait for over an hour, get to the counter, hand the guy my receipt from my last visit, tell him I have the card, and he says "we don't re-establish registration here" WTF!?!?!?!?!?! ITS THE GOD DAMN DMV AND YOU DON'T RE-ESTABLISH REGISTRATION :mad: :mad: :mad:

apparently there was some phone number on the receipt that I was supposed to call to re-instate my registration that the lady from before failed to tell me :facepalm: ... then I call those people, "it will be a $14 fee to re-instate because you haven't had insurance since last may" WHAT THE {censored}??? my policy JUST expired and was RENEWED... seriously... {censored} THE GOVERNMENT and {censored} AHHNUHLD

• Members

well... 2 weeks ago I go in to pay my registration, so I pay the ridiculous CA enviro fees and all that bull {censored}, which already pissed me off... then AFTER I ALREADY PAID THE {censored}ERS, they tell me "oh, you're registration has been suspended because you don't have insurance" , I explained to the lady that my policy expired 6 days before hand, but it was renewed and I'm waiting for my new card to come... she said, "well, when you get the new card, come in and we can give you the registration"...

now fast forward to today... I go to the DMV with my new policy card, wait for over an hour, get to the counter, hand the guy my receipt from my last visit, tell him I have the card, and he says "we don't re-establish registration here" WTF!?!?!?!?!?! ITS THE GOD DAMN DMV AND YOU DON'T RE-ESTABLISH REGISTRATION
:mad:

apparently there was some phone number on the receipt that I was supposed to call to re-instate my registration that the lady from before failed to tell me
:facepalm:
... then I call those people, "it will be a $14 fee to re-instate because you haven't had insurance since last may" WHAT THE {censored}??? my policy JUST expired and was RENEWED... seriously... {censored} THE GOVERNMENT and {censored} AHHNUHLD

California... So many millions of smart people. Somehow they vote so f-ing stupid... :facepalm:

• Members

I live in San Diego... we are the ONE conservative county in CA
:cop:

Duncan Hunter was my districts Congressman:thu:

:cop: I'd say Orange County where I live is pretty damn conservative... They don't call living here "behind the Orange Curtain" for nuthin'

Steve

• Members

San Diego is a military town... enough said
:o

Hey now...:cop:

No place on earth has wrist-slicing DMV customer service like Northern Virginia.

I'm actually a pretty calm person and the Leesburg DMV had me so infuriated that I made a scene in there. After taking off work and providing paperwork on two occasions, I almost thought they were going to deny me a third time.

I was registering my car in VA, which I had purchased years before in Hawaii. The lady was trying to get me to pay a fee because I didn't have a paper saying that I'd paid tax on the purchase in Hawaii. I told her "I bought the car three years ago and I paid the tax while I was in Hawaii" and she actually said "yes Sir but people try to get out of paying tax by registering their cars in other states", etc. I said "Are you trying to tell me that you think I bought my car in Virginia, shipped my car to Hawaii and registered it there to avoid paying the tax, then shipped it back?" She said "I don't know what you do in your life Sir", really smug. I lost it.

Archived